[Suggestion] Regarding the auraxium BA rifles...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Gemenai, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Gemenai

Hello infiltrator community,

i obtained my parsec a while ago, but to be honest because of the weird velocity and so i didn´t really bothered anymore to use it. I even wanted to aurax this weapon but, i feel much more comfortable and dead-aim with my Parallax than with this "garbage".
    My question is, if you obtained any of those weapons, do you use them?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The second question is regarding a suggestion of mine, to change the concept of those rifles as following:

The rifles would be changed in a way, that the goal is to make them a (superior) longe range only weapon.
    For that reason, a headshot with this weapon would be deadly on any range, regardless of any circumstances like a HA shield.

It would also retain the compensator. Maybe even with a x12 scope stock,
    or only allowing high magnification scopes to be equipped.

The bullet velocity would be increased to 700m/s or 750 m/s.

One magazine would contain only one bullet and would have like 24 or 29 in reserve.
    The reload time would be rather long in comparison to other high tier BA rifles.

In addition it would be possible to add some sort of high velocity ammunition with the draw back, that the reload time would be increased even further.

A change, away from the standard empire look of the weapons would also be welcome.

=> Would you like to see such a change?

Up front, thank you for your comments and/or suggestions.
  2. _itg

I'm not opposed to the existence of such a rifle, but it shouldn't be a directive weapon. The whole point of those is that they're not drastically different from existing weapons, because most players will never get access to them and that would be unfair/create resentment.

Also, I never got the purpose of capping the OHK headshot range. Really, what's the point? If you can get a headshot from 300m with any BASR, don't you deserve the kill? It's not like sniping from those ranges is commonly effective, in the first place.
  3. K2k4

The devs and the forums decided that hitting targets at long ranges must be cheap and easy to do so they adjusted the basrs to ensure that impossible shots are penalized.
  4. AnuErebus

I have the Moonshot, and I use it from time to time when I want to snipe and don't feel like using the LA80 or SAS-R. I certainly prefer it to the Longshot since I don't snipe at 250m+ anyways and a little extra bullet velocity makes it easier to hit moving targets regardless of range. I don't think it needs a change, it's not a hugely different rifle than the Longshot and that's kind of the point. It's a weapon to show off an accomplishment while being just different enough that you can find an interesting use for it over it's more common counterpart. If we're going to get a drastically different weapon it should be released as a new weapon, not tied to a directive tree.
  5. Gemenai

Well in my opinion, if it is nothing other than a worse replica of a gun i already posses, then i ask myself why would i want to obtain it?.
    And i don´t think that it is that hard to obtain a aurax weapon. The only ones whining about them would be forumside op callers or impatient COD kids, in my opinion.

Well then why was the only thing i could thought of as i obtained it :" Well... that´s it? That is the awesome sniper rifle i worked all the time for for?"
    In my eyes these rifles are not that special enough to qualify them as an aurax weapon.
    As it is now it´s just another T3 BA rifle with worse damage drop off. a compensator stock that let anybody see you from far range on the mini map.
    30 m/s are nothing what would let me say, oh yeah i want this, this is so good; would it have been 50m/s i would have said ok, then atleast you know what you got, because you now how that affects you by knowing the differences between T1,2,3.
    The only thing good imo, is the faster reload.
    If it should be something to show off, but it is not apealing enough to let me want to obtain it, then there is no reason in getting it and so no sense in the directive system at all.

Or in short aurax BA rifles are just glowing turd. I expected more at that time.
  6. EzJustCorry

Once you have auraxiumed 5 rifles it would be assumed you are quite adept at med, long range combat
    So why not have the auraxium weapons force a different play style say medium/high velocity and silenced? Give it a ohk range of 150m and a decent sized clip and you've got yourself something different but with a large potential for killstreaks at close/med range.

I'm working towards the parsec but tbh I don't think I'll be using it either. Probably just go back to the phaseshift (suppressed)
  7. Saool

I've seen a few people talk about the parsec having a weird velocity. Can you explain exactly what this means? What is it like to use in comparison to it's base Parallax?

I ask, as I am passively working towards it and would like to know if it is worth the effort.
  8. Gemenai

Well the Parsec has only 30 m/s more velocity than the Parallax.
    If you shot with other BA rifles before like XM98 or V10 you will have kind of a feeling how to lead and use the mildots.
    So Parallax is no problem to use - aim with one mildot high at targets far away and hit the head.

Shooting with Parsec however does not fit in the feeling of the 50 m/s jumps from BA tier to tier.
    You will most like overcompensate for range and shoot above the head. The bullet drops where you wouldn´t expect it at first.
    Also to me the bullet seems to fly upwards at first and falls down, instead of flying in a near straight line and then falling off.
    So compensating for range and leading for moving targets is more difficult than with the other BA rifles imo.

But this problems did only affect me from long range to render distance, everything below the bullet hits where you aimed.
    Hope i could answer you question.
  9. Saool

Thanks for the info. Am I right in saying it does not get the heat mechanic? (Which would make it awesome, unlike the Phase****).
  10. Gemenai

Unfortunatly it didn´t get the heat mechanic like the the medics AR or the heavies LMG.
    :(