Regarding persistent harassment over a year.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kiddneey, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Kiddneey

Greetings community,

I would like to call into question SOE's action - or rather lack of - regarding persistent harassment from players within the community.

First a little context. I play Infil quite a bit, and during heavy base sieges I tend to paint whole areas with Recon Darts. To do this, I will need to frequent terminals on a regular basis.

One specific player within the faction, whom I shall not name just yet, teamkills and trash talks me me every time he sees me. Presumably he believes it's his right to TK players not mindlessly rushing headlong to their deaths over and over, or he finds Recon Darts annoying. Who knows.

All I know is, this player gets reported for harassment each and every time, but nothing, NOTHING has yet been done. This has been going on for what has to be almost a year now, he never gets weapons locked, he never gets action taken against him.

Oh, and it's not just me he TK's - anyone not playing to his specification is gunned down.

I'd like to know what stiffer action can be taken. SOE is ignoring my constant reports for harassment, or perhaps they don't think intentional teamkilling over and over and over is harassment. Preferably I'd like to lodge a complaint by e-mail, is there anything that can be done?

Thanks for your time.
  2. BoomBoom4You

Yes. Log in to station.sony.com and click "Support." Open a support ticket. Be detailed, but dont write them a novel. Stick to the facts and that you feel harassed and it is affecting your enjoyment of the game. Be courteous and polite, but firm. Name the player. They can look at their logs to see all TKs, chat history, etc. if its compelling, they will take action. Good luck
    • Up x 7
  3. Sen7rygun

• Up x 1
  4. Furrydaus

Briggs has always been having the same problem of IMMATURE kids constantly tking others and whining using PROXIMITY VOICE CHAT. The sound of their immature whinning really distracts me and when i ask this person to turn of his mic, he insulted me and went to find me for the rest of the day just non stop tking me. He was complaining abt others tking him when we flipped the whole base and everyone started firing at the spawn of the just flipped enemy base. He asked everyone to let him handle it with his awesome shooting skills and his carbine. SOE please increase the age requirement and create some way to not allow immature kids to join the game.
    • Up x 2
  5. Epic High Five

Be proactive and kill him first, with an emphasis on destroying any vehicle he is in. If you can do it RIGHT after he pulls it, all the better.
    • Up x 13
  6. NC_agent00kevin

Ive had on/off problems with the same few guys on Waterson. There is one specific guy Ive caught 3 times now over the year Ive played just running around burning up C4 on allied tanks. Another will kill you if it means he gets more XP if you are gone. We usually have a round of TK action, and within a day or so its all blown over...until next time.

Believe it or not, there is a legitimate way of finding roughly where a certain player is, but Im not going to publicize it.
  7. Furrydaus

• Up x 1
  8. Pie Chasm

The truth is that GMs are very sparse, especially on Prosieben servers.

It is hard to verify harassment, so the very few that log, if any, don't bother doing it.

There are even some REAL hackers. Like obvious. 100% headshot people with BR 20+ on the AU/EU servers.

Like I have never even been killed by them and their stats are just one rocket headshot after another. It's that obvious for those few, but they seem to evade banning by playing at odd hours.

Somebody made a post not too long ago with one, I'm sure you could dig it up somewhere.

It's sad, really.
  9. ironeddie

Off topic but nice internet connection!

On topic I've come across a few knobs that tk because your not playing the game their way. I just go find them & tk back. It's never got to the point I feel harassed though. I don't feel comforted to read that little is done about it by soe. I hope a support ticket helps the OP.
  10. Ianneman

You don't seem any more respectful than the guy TK'ing you to be honest.
    • Up x 1
  11. Sen7rygun

90% of Briggs NC in a nut shell.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 9
  12. Syrathin

I'll admit it's been a while since I played much on my Briggs NC but I didn't have too many issues when I was playing there almost daily. I also keep voice comms turned off so that might be what made the difference, I've noticed I get TK'd far more on Waterson for doing things like activating a generator when my TK'er wanted to do it. Or having the base turret I was using C4'd because I didn't let someone else use it when they sent me a tell that was basically get the eff out.

This is why despite having two NC characters with more certs I'm currently playing mostly on Connery NC. Would still play on Briggs if it wasn't such a ghost town 80% of the time.
  13. Furrydaus

Hahaha thank you! I use fibre networking so 80+mbps is a standard or what i call minimum. :)
    Theyre mainly cod kids who thinks planetside 2 is like cod and they can be kings. look at cod, tell me how many annoying kids are there
  14. Furrydaus

Im a 14year old but im mature. Try finding a more ermm childish pic would ya ;)
  15. Liquid23

someone needs to tell that brunette in the back to stop slacking and work on her choreography... she's making the NC on Briggs look bad
    • Up x 2
  16. Spartan101

lol, nope, that's just NC Briggs =P
    I very rarely see that sort of thing in TR, once in a blue moon sort of thing.
  17. Some1

Mute him and move on
    • Up x 1
  18. Alarox

I find it best to pop some C4 on them and let them get comfortable. Then, send them a message that goes something along the lines of:
    "Guess what?"
    "What?"
    -click-
    • Up x 1
  19. Flapatax

Making the accurate observation that most people in the game are terrible doesn't mean he deserves to be TK'd.
  20. IronWarrior

Team killing isn't harassment, report it a million times if you like, nothing will happen.
    • Up x 1