[Suggestion] Refocus Scopes

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by giltwist, May 5, 2013.

1. giltwist

While it is certainly accurate to refer to the various scopes by their magnification (1x, 2x, etc.), it actually doesn't tell the sniper very much about which is the right optic for a given scenario. This is especially true when SOE hasn't told us the range at which they have centered the sights on each optic. Experimentation can tell you things such as, the 12x scope on the parallax seems to be set for about 200m, but that's very limited. People have suggested that we have multi-zoom scopes and range finders to solve this problem. That is to say, use 12x for one distance, 10x for another distance, etc. I think there is an easier way -- a way to refocus the sights on our guns. Obviously, snipers will benefit the most, but why couldn't anyone benefit from a slight tilt up or down on their scopes to fine tune their shooting to their preferred range? The keys could be rebound, but my basic thought is:

• + key, increase optic angle 1 degree
    • - key, decrease optic angle 1 degree
    • Home key, recenter optic angle to 0 degrees.
    You would probably also need a small notice on your ADS view with the current degree. My recommendation would be to make this a second tier of each optic's cert. So you get 12x scope for your 30certs, then upgrade it to an adjustable scope for 50 certs or some such. I would advise the special scopes, such as IR/NV remain fixed.
  2. Sockpuppet

I love the idea of zoom optics, and a range finder attachment would be nice too. The only problem with your idea is very few snipers remain in position long enough to make the appropriate adjustment and then find it useful for an extended period of time. Most are stick and move.
  3. giltwist

Really, it's not that hard. Shoot a bullet at a nearby wall a couple times to dial in the alignment on your scope, then don't worry about bulletdrop again until you change sniper nests.