Redesign of the sanctuary.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZORN777, Mar 28, 2024.

1. ZORN777

More sanctuary interactivity. Add an information board to the station about the course of hostilities on the planet in real time, aspect ratio, loss of strength, alarm message, this will add to the life of the station, people like it. There is also no martial law at the station, there is no fuss. Of course, I understand that the station is neutral and guarded by the nanite systems security service, but still, when representatives of different factions peacefully drink tea with each other, when at the same moment a mass murder occurs on the planet, resulting in literally tens of thousands of victims per day, the presence of soldiers of different factions spoils the tea party a little the atmosphere.
    • Up x 2
  2. melioa

the music that is in the sanctuary is utter crap! what idiot thought that type of music in the sanctuary, was good to add to the sanctuary? as that music is dog sh*t.
  3. karlooo

I would remove the Sanctuary all together. Not even redesign it.
    First of all it makes no sense as you said, the empire soldiers are meeting with the separatists, while you are killing each other somewhere else. Having tea in the sanctuary, while robots armed with machine guns maintain order...
    (As a reminder NS is a TR company, it originated in TR. Devs are acting like NS is a separate superpower that looks over TR Empire and the separatists... what?)
    Also, the music, yep it is completely soulless. What am I playing Mass Effect? I want to hear the Planetside tune :D Not some fake sci fi tune.

I would remove Sanctuary together with all the items that come with it. Not even create new menu for them.
    The idea of tactical items for each class holds 0 value and may as well be removed. We have had it long enough to figure out nothing is coming out of it. Only item that had true uses was the Hardlight Canopy, but this may be handed over to the Engineer towards their Utility Slot. (Indirect buff to TR as engineer is one of their best classes, TRAC 5 best weapon) And may be further redesigned to also provide a temp counter to air strikes, outside but for that the shield must be rounder, like a dome and must deploy faster. Air strikes, or air to ground as others call it is pretty dangerous and has little counter if you are infantry.
    Caltrop, Dampener, Flash, should just leave together with the entire merit store. Also, the idea of handing out free cosmetics was silly as well because on one end the devs need funds but on the other, handing out perfect cosmetics, giving you no reason to purchase anything else, while having over 500 in their store.
    And remove the A7 Black Market. It has been up for many years and up until now I am certain 95%, not even me, know what terminals grant A7 and have gotten to a point where prob many ignore the missions as they are annoying. Just want to play the game...

Sanctuary all together I would say holds 0 value to the game. Is only a liability. There is no reason to waste time on it.
    • Up x 2
  4. TRspy007

Should be removed, especially the fact you gotta waste your time going there to do outfit things that could be simply done from the main screen.