Redeploy changes on vehicles is horrible and is glitched to all hell

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by axiom537, Jun 19, 2015.

1. axiom537

I have been an advocate for changing the redeploy rules, to help stem the tide of redeploy side for a long while now and I think most of the changes made will be a benefit PS in that regard. HOWEVER, the limitations put on squad members to deploy into squad Sunderers, Galaxies and Valkeries is not only a bad change it is counter productive and takes away from the game.

Mass redeploying a platoon into a secure spawn room with an infantry terminal, half a continent away, is not the same as squad members redeploying into a squad owned vehicles, which are vulnerable to attack, used for transportation and as a way to have the squad regroup.

Not only is this change horrible for organized squads, but I can't even imagine the frustration with trying to keep a public squad into some semblance of organized group operations, when squad mates can't redeploy into the squad Galaxy or Sunderer, because they aren't close enough to it.

And FIX all the bugs with deploying, such as randomly being sent to another continent.

TLDR; Remove ALL limitations for squad members to deploy into Sunderers, Galaxies and Valkeries, these vehicles promote group play, group transportation are vulnerable to be attacked and they help spread the fighting out between bases, especially with the new deploy rules, factions will start making them higher priority targets. We should be promoting and encouraging players to utilize transportation vehicles to get from fight to fight, not limiting it.
    • Up x 3
  2. FateJH

You could always move or land the Transport Vehicle(s) where players are; and, let everyone pile in manually; then, head to the destination.
    • Up x 5
  3. axiom537

This is true. However, some locations are not conducive to landing a Galaxy, not all members of the squad may be in the same area, some members may have been sent to a small fight to help re-secure, or maybe they just joined the squad and they are at a different base or perhaps you want to leave a few members of the squad to hold the point until you get the other half of the group at the next base...There are tons of tactical reasons, why allowing unrestricted redeploying into vehicles is a benefit, with few negatives.

I understand most of the redeploy changes. However, limiting redeploying into a transportation vehicle makes absolutely no sense, I'm sure we could come up with one or two obscure reasons how it is a negative, but I think the positives far out weight any negatives and the level of abuse is really limited because these vehicles are also vulnerable to be attacked.
  4. Colakold

Redeploy before the vehicle enters the region is good enough. Without limits its the same redeploy-problem like before the patch. A squadmember could deploy across the map directly to the enemy base.
  5. DQCraze

My take, if the hex is contested and your not there its not your fight. If you want in drive or fly there.
    • Up x 6
  6. stalkish

Thats such a brilliantly simple way to explain my thoughts on the matter.
    Nice 1.
    • Up x 1
  7. axiom537

It is nothing like the redeploy-problem, which was primarily a defensive issue. In which 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 SQUADS could immediately redeploy into a secure spawn room, completely risk free, then use the Infantry terminal to pull MAX's and rush the point with overwhelming numbers.

Redeploying into a vehicle is HARD capped at 1 Squad, that vehicle costs resources and it and its occupants are vulnerable to be destroyed at any time from the moment that vehicle is spawned and with the exception of a deployed sunderer, the occupants can not change their classes on the fly.

It is nothing like redeploy-side and this change is counter productive as it hinders squad cohesion, group play and utilizing transport vehicles as strategic and tactical assets.
    • Up x 1
  8. axiom537

I agree, we should have to use transportation to get into a contested HEX but with the new spawn changes to transport vehicles, if your squad mates are not within 1000m they can not deploy into the squad vehicle, that is heading to the contested fight. This change seriously hinders our ability to redeploy into a transport vehicle, so that you can move to the fight with your squad.

Squad members should not be limited in range to deploy into a squad transport vehicle, EVER. Even if the transport vehicle is in a contested area, it is a vulnerable spawn point that can be attacked and destroyed at anytime and only squad members can utilize it as a spawn point. Even if it is a deployed sunderer, all the new rules apply for every other player in the faction, trying to get to the contested fight, except for the squad members that brought a transport vehicle to that fight, as long as they have a member sitting in it any of them should be able to use it no matter what.
  9. Obstruction

maybe if you guys didn't **** all over pilots 24/7 you'd have people who could land galaxies in difficult places, float them over target zones, and defend them in contested airspace. instead you get peasants putting their grubby little hands all over a beautiful, majestic skywhale and the outcome is pretty much what you deserve.
    • Up x 1
  10. DQCraze

That deploy word turns into redeploy so easily...and i disagree, warping across the map is what got us into this mess in the first place.
  11. axiom537

I'm not sure what you are talking about or Who, because I have hundreds of hours in the Galaxy.

And as you suggest, Galaxies are always vulnerable and need to be protected, so there is no reason to limit squad members from deploying into a Galaxy or other transport vehicle, because they are vulnerable and can be destroyed fairly easily and the amount of players that can spawn into them is hard capped at 12.
  12. axiom537

It is not the same...Spawning into a squad owned transport vehicle by its very nature limits its impact...
    - The vehicle can be destroyed
    - The vehicle cost resources
    - The vehicle takes time to travel from the spawn point of origin to the destination
    - The Amount of players that can spawn in is hard capped at 11
    - at least one player must remain in the vehicle for the other squad members to use it as a spawn location
    - Players can not spawn Maxes into them or easily swap to, with the exception of a deployed sunderer

Redeployside, which both you and I are concerned about has none of those other limiting factors and that is what made it a serious issue.
    - Anyone could deploy at any location on the map
    - Players spawned into a SECURE building
    - Players could mass in the secured building and switch classes, specifically MAX's
    - No limit on the amount of players that could redeploy
    - no resource costs
    - No travel time to

These are nearly completely different animals, fixing redeployside was very important and I think the new rules do that for the most part. Breaking Squad deploying into squad spawned, owned, vulnerable to the enemy transport vehicles is a step backwards and doesn't serve any purpose other then to frustrate players that wish to utilize organization and transportation vehicles to move from fight to fight.
    • Up x 2
  13. FBVanu

This is actually a valid point. There is a big difference between redeploy-side for anyone to anywhere at any time, without risk or nanite costs..
    versus a Squad deploy into Squad Vehicles, that had to have been brought there in the first place. If anyone doesn't want squads to deploy into a battle, they better take out that squad's vehicles first...

And with that Squad vehicle should come some limitations.. especially with the upcoming invisible Sunderer (as if they are not already hard to find as it is...).. now one Squad Sunderer could spawn 100 enemy MAX units ? There should be a limit. Just not sure what that limit could be, maybe based on the kind of hex (more spawns when at a Tech Plant, vs some smaller base).. ?
    • Up x 2
  14. DQCraze

The impact of the squad multiplies when you have organized outfits preloading hexes with squad leads. Have 4 squad leads esf to a hex across the map and now you can instantly move the platoon.
    • Up x 1
  15. HadesR

Wasn't some of the issue that they weren't being used as Transport ..

One person hacking a terminal > Pulling a Sundy > Having squad mates spawn into it from an unlimited range .. Isn't " Transport "
    • Up x 5
  16. axiom537

The limitations are already in place to take care of your concern. A squad member should be able to deploy into a squad transport vehicle at any time and anywhere provided one of the squad members is sitting in the vehicle.

A deployed Sunderer is going to follow all the new deploy restrictions, for everyone except the the owner of the sunderer and their squad, provided they are sitting in it. So in that regard it is limited to 12 people, for everyone else in the faction they are going to need to get with in range of that deployed sunderer before it becomes an option.

This in my opinion is exactly how it should operate. unrestricted squad deployment into a squad owned transport vehicle, provided one member of the squad is sitting in the vehicle. For everyone else, they will need to get with in range of that deployed sunderer to utilize it, or pull their own transport vehicle and drive or fly it to the destination.
  17. FBVanu

But that means that the enemy didn't protect their vehicle spawn.. that is their own problem. You should be able to exploit weaknesses in your enemy's defenses. This is a perfectly valid way to deploy squads. If you can get the enemy vehicle spawn hacked.
    It still prevents the mass redeploy into a protected spawn room.
  18. FBVanu

YES. Perfect. That's exactly how it should be. It still prevents the zero cost zero risk redeploy into a protected spawn room.

If you don't want an enemy squad to get their ESFs into your hex, you need to shoot down those ESFs.. now that we know that this will become a valid tactic, we have to be prepared for that. We KNOW what's coming..

Still much better than the old redeploy for anyone from anywhere at any time at zero cost and zero risk.
  19. Pat22

... you do realize you can bail out of an ESF with a light assault, glide for over 1km and land safely anywhere you want, right? There's no risk in it. It's the easiest thing in the world.

Also, no, an infiltrator hacking a vehicle terminal at an empty base to have a whole platoon redeploy into sundies is not exploiting a weakness in the defense. That's just redeployside.
    When you actually load your platoon into sunderers or Galaxies and fly them and/or drive them to that base and the enemy let you, THEN it becomes exploiting a weakness in the defense.
    Basically anything that lets you instantly move a large amount of forces to an area without the enemy being able to do anything about it is a facet of Redeployside and is bad for the game.

Logistics need to matter, transportation needs to matter, being able to ambush enemy transports on their way to a base is a thing that needs to happen.
    You want the airgame to matter more? Galaxy interception is how it's going to happen. Not to intercept lone galaxies at flight ceiling with just one pilot in them, but intercepting fully loaded galaxies that in turn need to be protected.
    Same for sundies and valkyries.
  20. FBVanu

Yeah, but it's not zero cost... and there is an inherent risk of getting shot down before you get there.
    While redeploy into a protected spawn room is truly zero risk, at no cost. There is a difference.