[Suggestion] Red Dot Scope

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rhiaci, May 28, 2013.

1. Van Dax

Ok, I just use iron sights or thermal so I don't really know how often the other scopes are used.
  2. MBRicochet

Van Dax. To your original question of matters concerning the visual acquisition to the reticle of the scope. I refer you to your own signature.

Can I get a forum hi5?
  3. CrimsonDaemon

I am not overly fond of the TR optics. Mostly because they aren't very luminous and are hard for my eyes to quickly pick up on. Call me old fashioned but I'd rather go irons or thermal.
  4. Rhiaci

nothing wrong with that. I'd say Thermals are the most used scopes, partially because of the higher target visibility. I myself prefer them because their crosshair is the best in game, as it does not obscure the target like most other non sniper scopes. I dislike the 3.4+ zoom scopes as they usually put you on a disatvantage in most fights.
  5. CrimsonDaemon

I definitely agree. The only time I use a 3.4x is probably with the SABR, because after its recoil rework, it works well. Optic wise, I can definitely see how thermal would be the best option. It allows fast target acquisition and a great sight picture. With the other optics, I feel like they are rather dim and hard to use, especially during the day. I know on my personal rifle, I have the brightness turned up to about 8 most times during the day so that it is nice and bright.
  6. Primarkka

IRNV doesn't show your recoil animation, therefore it much better.
  7. ACE McFACE

I know in that picture there's a smaller dot. I was just making a joke...
  8. ACE McFACE

Maybe that's why I later said that I don't like using the red dot sights.
  9. commandoFi

It would be nice for NC and VS to have the option of an EO Tech type scope that has a small dot for precision with a ring around it for faster target acquisition. The Vanu reflex scopes already are this way.
  10. Dodofifi

11. Rhiaci

So every faction can have the "How it feels" version soon then... thats reassuring.
  12. DashRendar

Seriously this is correct. I won't use the RDS because it obscures the enemy. Both TR and VS have better quality RDS than NC.

I do support the idea of more precise RDS for all factions though.
  13. SpcFarlen

Well we are going on almost 3 buisness weeks since that tweet went out. Its still not changed. Its been a bug thats been highlighted since early beta, and still not changed. We would have seen it in a patch of some sorts by now, especially if it is just a placement issue, but we have not.

I do remenber them saying they adjusted all scopes to have the same visibility cross faction (FOV fixed while ADS) but it didnt change anything with either the NC or TR red dots being far too big.