Recon tool will give XP

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by m44v, Apr 26, 2013.

1. m44v

Well, yay, it took long enough.

(source: https://twitter.com/muldoonx9/status/32760091973269504)
    • Up x 2
  2. Dramma Lamma

3. DeathSparx

Yay, just waiting for hacked terminals and turrets to follow suit...
  4. Armchair

Next 2x xp weekend, I'll be camping next to a sundy on magrider hill and firing those darts roughly in the direction of the crown.
  5. DeathSparx

Just make sure there are platoons in range. xD
  6. Dragonblood

probably like 2xp per kill.....nothing of worth. XD
  7. Rohxer

Heck, I would have been BR100 weeks ago if they'd done this earlier. It'll be interesting seeing how much more the dart gun gets used. I only ever see another infiltrator's dart radar on my screen once or twice a night, at most.

I wonder if you get extra xp from killing someone your own dart revealed. You don't get spotting xp for your own kills currently, do you? I never spot someone I'm about to kill because I don't want to give myself away; I only spot people when they're too far from me to hit or I know I'm toast (turn a corner and walk into a Max).
  8. Dragonblood

Well, I maxed the darts, because it's the most useful thing an infiltrator can add to a team.
    • Up x 1
  9. Armchair

It is the Crown :p
  10. m44v

Granted, he didn't say how much is "huge", but is more than the regular spot.
  11. DeathSparx

eh, I've found the crown empty or pretty close to it at times.
  12. Dragonblood

Well, have fun fighting in biodomes, while I chill next to an engineer spamming darts over the whole place.......or I just run in circles on the outer edge of the dome, so I can cover the whole building.
  13. Armchair

I've never seen it dormant during the 2x weekends. It is PLATOONS DETECTED 24/7 for the whole weekend.
  14. Rohxer

I agree. And way underutilized.
  15. Rohxer

You realize, the dart gun is also the infiltrator's worst enemy.

More darts, while helpful for our allies, will be really bad for us when the enemy uses them, as we will show up when stealthed (and moving of course). I actually fell prey to this in a biolab last night when a heavy ran around a corner and bee-lined straight for me with a clear purpose in mind. One of the few times I've been certain it was an enemy infiltrator's dart that gave me away.
  16. m44v

I fear more the scout radar than recon darts, with recon darts I know when I'm being scanned and I can stay still for not being detected.
    • Up x 2
  17. Hoki

Oh god please don't make it beep endlessly like when you're repairing stuff.
    I want to ******* punch my monitor when repairing a generator IT WOULD BE NICE IF I COULD HEAR SOMETHING WHILE REPAIRING THE GENERATOR BESIDES *BEEP* as an enemy runs up behind me but no I can't hear it.
    • Up x 3
  18. EViLMinD

Nice. I'm even more glad that I got level 6.