Recon Detect for Scouts?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Bloodwod, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Bloodwod

Noob infiltrator here, and just had a question about Recon darts.
    Are they good to use when scouting?
    For example, on Hossin, I've been using my cloaked Flash to circle around bases trying to hunt down enemy Sunderers where they've been hidden.
    Is it worthwhile to Recon Dart them so that friendlies in the area can follow up to destroy them?
  2. prodo123

They are very good for long-range scouting. Another cool and useful thing is that they can spot stationary enemies. I don't think they can spot vehicles, though. You're better off letting people know through /regionsay.

For CQC (tower, base building, etc) the motion spotter is absolutely vital and I always choose that over the dart. Also, you can have both if you have a crossbow for the best of both worlds :)
  3. breeje

if you see an sunder that you need help on to destroy just spot it
    it will show on the mini map for friendly's to see, it's up to them if they want to come in for the kill
    if there are tanks or ESF around it is destroyed in seconds
  4. Iridar51

Uhm, no, they can't.
    • Up x 3
  5. MisterSlim

You're just not believing hard enough. It doesn't do it willy-nilly, it only sees nonmoving targets to those that it deems to have sufficient faith!

But seriously, +1, because they don't.

-Stay Fr0sty
  6. ico1

Maybe it sees them if they are stationary while doing something. Had a recon dart showing an enemy engineer on my map while he was crouched and fixing a AV turret. Was nice of him to fix that turret for me though=)
  7. CuteBeaver

Fixing the turret counts as firing a weapon. Repair tool makes sound on the mini map. If I know theres an engineer about to fix a turret ill wait until I see the dot appear so I know his repair tool is out before ambushing.

RDDarts follow the same rules as spotters. You can however shoot them away from yourself and trick enemies into leaving your general area. You can also manipulate friendly public players into pushing enemy infantry in a specific location using the darts. At least the friendlies who look at the mini map anyway. Also great to encourage them to run to cover like rocks and trees by darting the area for them.
  8. Leivve

If you plan to be in the spot you want your dart to be go with motion spotter, if your just scanning a base looking for enemies darts.