[BUG] ? Recon Detect Device defective!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Kiddneey, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Kiddneey

Hi all. I've been playing around a lot with my level 4 Recon Detect Device (RDD herein) and I've found the results to be varied.

Sometimes it'll pick up half a Bio Dome with one dart - other times I'll tag a small building that I KNOW someone is in, and it won't pick them up. Not even if they are standing out in the open and I shoot a dart at their feet! (Yes, I have done this)

So what gives? This thing is unreliable at best, downright broken at worst. In my opinion the RDD is a vital tool for squad play (radar Flashes aren't always available!).

Please share your experiences with the RDD. Does it work properly? I don't think it does!
  2. KnightCole

Idk how well it works, but I think it needs to be something like the IDS from BF2142, you slap it somewhere and it works till its killed. However, to prevent spamming them, SoE should put a limit of one per like 100feet or so.
  3. DrankTHEKoolaid

Good Infiltrator's spam them! The more certs I dump into them the more I should be able to toss out. I mean just compare it to some of the other classes tools and I don't think the RDD should ever even consider being nerfed.

To the OP, it won't pick people up who aren't moving. So if it pulses while dude is standing still they won't be a blip. Here is a video I did testing and showing what max rank is capable of.

4. Cu4tro

Love the vids, Koolaid.

Are we sure the dart isn't bugged. I agree with the OP. I can swear there have been quite a few times when I've darted an area and actually see an enemy run by it in my scope w/out it registering. I've also unlocked max rank on the dart. If there is an anomaly, I wonder if it could be due to where the dart lands. I often stick them to the sides of buildings or the ceiling rather than the ground.

Anyone else feel like they've experienced this?

It would also be nice if max dart rank worked as well as max flash radar.