Recoil reset

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sabreno Carvaroni, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Sabreno Carvaroni

So lately I was wondering if there is an option to disable recoil reset like in blacklight: retribution.
    Quote frome the option in BLR:R "Recoil automatically resets to original position after weapon has finished firing" . So lets say you discharge an LMG-size magazine, your crosshair goes to the ceiling and it automatically starts to go back to initial position which can be of annoyance if you are trying to manage recoil by hand and you have to compensate for that downward motion as well in order to stay on target. In short bursts it's not a big of a deal, however with prolonged burst-firing with LMG it can be quite noticeable.
  2. Yuukikun

Edit: didn't read the ''like'' in the first sentence.

Reply: I don't see any situation when you would need this feature. If you do a long burst as you describe it in your post, it's not burst firing anymore. Small bursts will always be more accurate anyways.
  3. Shanther

4. BlueSkies

He's referencing a feature from another game and suggesting it be included in this one....

:confused:
    • Up x 1
  5. Sabreno Carvaroni

Well, I was asking if there is such a option in PS2, although if there is none I wouldnt mind to ask for one.

Like I said, with short (single) burst it's not a big of a deal. But when you shoot something like 6-8 shots, pause, 6-8 shots, pause and so on for long enough time then vertical recoil does not reset completely in between bursts so when you pause then crosshair starts to go downward. It noticable with LMG-s since other weaponry hardly have enough ammo for such effect to be noticeable. Or with guns that have really high vertical recoil, or both.

I could try to record this fenomena, although I'm not sure how to do that. I'm new to shis forums and I dont know how to post videos or what type of videos this forum supports. Although you could try it yourself, get yourself a CARV-S, add high velocity ammo and just shoot with short bursts without any compensation by hand. With low recoil guns like TORQ-9 this is almost non existent tho.
  6. BlueSkies

Just for your future reference you can embed videos in the post by hitting the film strip icon

[IMG]
    and it supports

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. Demigan

I don't exactly understand. When I fire an entire Carbine/LMG without pause I keep my gun nicely centered on my enemy by countering the recoil upwards/sideways. When I fired my entire magazine my reticle doesn't suddenly drop like a stone through the floor to where the original position is supposed to be at after all that compensation. Maybe you mean the fact that your screen bumps a little upwards after a shot, and stays there no matter how long you hold the trigger, then goes down again when you let go?
  8. BlueSkies

I think he is referring to:

Side note: the thought of a SAW firing at 4x speed is terrifying...
    • Up x 1
  9. Demigan

And what if you comensate for the recoil yourself? You don't dip below your point of origin as far as I know. So if you simply compensate and keep your weapon on the spot you get practically no drop
  10. Sabreno Carvaroni

True, the recoil resets at the point where the first shot was made, or rather at a vertical level. Here comes little oddity - if you change your target higher then the level at which first shot was made before recoil resets on its own then the crosshair will move downwards the same amount of distance it needed to reset at previous vertical level. If you aim below that level then recoil reset doesnt kick in, so it wont pull your crosshair upwards or anything - the crosshair is in your full control. I'm not quite sure how it works, maybe I'm bothering way too much with this anyway. Here is a picture to illustrate:
    [IMG]
    Purple point is the position of the first shot, green line represents vertical level of it and the red area is where such a thing approximately can happen. Say, you fire a few shots, recoil kicks in driving your crosshair upward\sideways about a 1 cm or so, you stop firing and immediately move you crosshair a little higher and to a side and there recoil reset will drag it downward about 1 cm or so.
    • Up x 1
  11. KnightCole

LOL, isnt it? Id love a 1200RpM Gauss SAW though =D
  12. KnightCole

Waaaaiiiit.....it he talking about Battlefield 3's recoil system? OMFG I HATE taht system. It makes firing the LMGs in that game goddamn impossible. I fire in bursts but then the gun drops to the floor, then I gotta reaim, fire a bit, drop to the floor...and when im burst firing, it makes it impossible to keep the gun on target, paired with the already atrociously bad accuracy of the LMG and its a joke.....

Oh hell naw, keep PS2's recoil system. The gun play and feel of Planetside 2 was one reason I liked italot. the gun play and recoil and all that just felt.....right.....
  13. Thesweet

I didn't realise ps2 had recoil
    • Up x 1
  14. Sabreno Carvaroni

Didn't played it, so I'm not sure what are you referring to. I want a toggleable option for recoil reset like in a specific game - BLR:R, what it does is giving a player an option to disable automatic recoil reset if player wishes so.
    Recoil reset that I'm referring to is game automatically move the crosshair back to initial position after firing (more precisely to initial vertical level in case of PS2), like in:
    If recoil reset was disabled, then the gun would stay pointing at a ceiling and wouldn't move downward on its own after finishing firing. Thats pretty much it.

Also if there is already such an option in game, somebody please just tell me where to toggle it ;_;
  15. KnightCole

Ok, I get what your talking about now. When the gun recoils upwards, it stays there until you as the player moves your mouse to counter it. Hmm, that would be amusing to try...