Receiving duplicate alert rewards?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Naskoni, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Naskoni

As per title - I have noticed that lately I'm starting to receive duplicate alert rewards, more specifically duplicate classic armor decals. At first I wasn't 100% certain and started taking screenshots, which was largely unnecessary as I now miss exactly one classic armor decal so it's not exactly hard to keep track, at least on my NC character.

Anybody else notice this? I thought alert rewards cannot be duplicates with the exception of the boosters and 100 cert points rewards.
  2. Icehole1999

No dupes yet for me. Decals, a helmet, chassis lights.

Sounds like you just have bad luck with alert reward RNG like I have with implant rng. I’ve been completing novice directives on my VS alt for the implant reward.

Always get Vampire. Always. Gotten it 4 times so far.

Bought an ISO recycler because I hadn’t tried one yet. Know what I got?

Vampire. FML.
  3. Eternaloptimist

I've had a couple of duplicate implant rewards but at least I got the ISO when I broke them down.
  4. stalkish

Ye ******** RNG system.
    Ive defo spent over 150,000 probs close to 200,000 certs on implants, only got 1 'exceptional' implant so far....
    TBH i dont give 2 .... it was purely a completionist thing to try and get them, but for new players who need to spend X amount on this X amount on that, its too much, way way too much.
    • Up x 1
  5. Naskoni

Receiving duplicate implants is perfectly normal, but receiving the same classic decals is most certainly not. I mean it's presented as if I got something new when in fact I didn't. After all anything else would have been better than practically nothing (other than iso-4). And if it happened only once then ok, bugs happen, but it has been at least 3 confirmed times already, so I was wondering what the deal is.
  6. JobiWan

Could it be that they're exclusive to certain vehicles? IE you get a Sunderer decal, then the same decal for a Lightning?
  7. Naskoni

The classic armor decals are the infantry decals (classic bear, classic eagle, classic red star, etc.) so they are not class specific in any way. And the vehicle decals are not vehicle specific either anyway.