RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 43

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Luperza Community Manager

[IMG]

This week on Friday Night Ops:
    • Hosts: Margaret "Luperza" Krohn and Sterling "Hamma" Hammer
    • 00:04:00 - 00:10:41 Event Overview: World Domination Series Pre-season
    • 00:11:31 - 00:47:49 Dev Play Session: Interview and play session with Game Designer Taylor "Tayradactyl" Dowell, repping VS.
    • 00:51:57 - 1:30:00 Dev Play Session: Interview and play session with Game Designer David "Malorn" Bennett, repping TR.
    • 01:38:58 - 02:11:07 Dev Play Session: Interview and play session with Game Designer Adam "Arclegger" Clegg, repping NC.
    Don't forget to redeem your "EQNVEHICLEDECAL" code!!

Where:

When: 09/06/2013 5PM - 7PM PDT
    Server: Connery
    Don't forget to use our hashtag #PS2FNO and follow us on Twitter @PlanetSide2, @PurrfectStorm and@CDLHamma

If you want to know what Friday Night Ops is or how you can be a part of it, go here!
    • Up x 5
  2. blueangleofdeath

LOL!! I love that comic. Can we send in questions on stuff for the FNOps? Get ready for a long night. Don't forget to grab your psu decals.

psuarmordecal and psuvehicledecal
    • Up x 1
  3. Luperza Community Manager

We'll take some live questions from the chat if there's time. :)
  4. Loui5D

But it's England vs Moldova and i'm going to be so drunk i'll be surprised if i can even turn my PC on to watch FNO :(
    • Up x 3
  5. Drsexxytime

I expect answers, a lot of answers to the community questions and outrage that has been going on for weeks unanswered.
  6. Luperza Community Manager

What questions are those?
  7. Toxicmix1

Hey there.

Lets start with the cpu multithreading performance sence the first day this game saw the daylight.

:cool:
  8. Luperza Community Manager

We've talked about this several times with many press. That's one of the things you'll be seeing with this performance and optimization push. :)

(Believe me, I want this so badly!!! Hehe. :) :) )
  9. Toxicmix1

Hope you´r right sweety, really do.

:cool:
  10. Rodinvac

Two things I would like to know are how far the development team is into the optimization process and if we could have an estimated release date for Hossin: while it's already partially accessible on the test server (and looks great), I would really love to see Hossin in its full glory on the actual game servers. :)
  11. BoomBoom4You

I really hope SOE delivers on this! It will be beneficial to all parties, come on SOE, you can do it! I believe in you!!!
    • Up x 1
  12. BoomBoom4You

Oh, and I'd like to know the latest on implants and any updates on population issues (still ridiculously unbalanced on Mattherson! V-7!)
  13. vincent-

I would like to know about base designs? I like esamirs attempt but without cat walks and some missing exits or entrances it seems it needs a polish but also on indar comm array I think it's the right name it's on a hill across from quartz ridge. Has any of the devs thought it would have been better a base that was inside the mountain instead of being on top of it?
  14. MasonSTL

QUESTION: Will there be pizza?
  15. UberBonisseur

Okay, well here are questions for you:

@Arclegger
    • Are you considering to reduce if not eliminate jump pads in the future ? I know they were put in, for the case of Biolabs, as a quick replacement for the removal of Gal-AMS. Right now, they disrupt the flow of battle often putting a 300m radius no-fight zone around Biolabs, but also creates opportunities for Light Assaults to murder everything that is parked in-between.
    • Should Biolabs be walled like Saurva ? I know diversity was a design guideline, but in the end the way Biolabs work ends up being the same everywhere. A Biolab layout with walls, aswell as objectives like teleporters and elevators located within the courtyard is much more interesting to fight, especially since the Lattice has reduced the access to satellites.
    • What changes can we expect from the Esamir walls ? Will the overall height be reduced ? Will walkways be added along the walls to actually help defenders, ala Stronghold ? Will vehicles gain a courtyard access to those bases at some point ?
    • The issue of spawn-room-warriors people who stay inside to grab certs when the base is "lost" is concerning, are you considering to tweak spawn rooms ?
    • Could you promote No-deploy zones in base design over walls ? Their main role was to equalize the "spawn distance" between spawn rooms and potential Sunderers. We don't need a physical limit to this.
    @Malorn
    • The lattice flow is growing repetitive from seeing the same connections and fight every day. Is there a mechanic in the works to open more Lattice links ? Like deploying two special Sunderers in hex-adjacent bases to open a temporary link
    • Will the Defense gameplay be shifted more towards a "hold the enemy" rather than "attack from outside" or "take down the Sundy" type ? Cloaked AMS and increasing Spawn timers are necessary. AMS hunting should be less efficient, and holding give a chance for defenders to push back from inside.
  16. Brusilov

I would like to know what's on hold and what not. Is hossin going to be released on schedule and at what rate can we expect the battle isles to be released?

I'm not sure if i am able to view the show live (time zone issues n stuff) but i will watch the recap for sure as i always do..:)
  17. NinjaTurtle

I just want the Infiltrator update.... I keep hitting 10,000 certs saving up for it.

Only playing LA or Infiltrator for the most part really limits what I want to spend certs on.... just had to spend some on ejection seat.... which is actually proving it's worth as a quick deploy behind enemy lines system..... You'll never see me coming
  18. NinjaTurtle

A cloaked AMS sounds a little annoying though following the trail of breadcrumbs back to it's source shouldn't be difficult if you have Infiltrators using their recon darts to flag up the area.

It also allows the empire spawning from that AMS to be more lazy in defending it as it is less easily found. Also a good push should have you bring a small group of Sundies to deploy around the base either as options throughout the battle or as replacements for when one is blown. This should negate the need to have 1 super AMS

Though if we go down this path can I have a cloak for my Lighting and Reaver please? I just want to pretend I am a Romulan

Secondly whilst I understand the need to increase spawn timers that would also be more annoying than anything. I log on to play not sit in a spawn screen every time I am tank spammed. It would also promote people sitting in the spawn rooms even more to avoid sitting looking at their map with nothing to do
  19. UberBonisseur

As we speak, the rule n°1 of winning is:
    Find the Sunderer, drop on it.

No more AMS for attackers = win. Plain and simple
    Thus the cloak bubble

The rule n°2 of winning is:
    Never defend from inside

Doesn't matter how many people you kill. Respawns are never exhausted. At best you hold until the attacker gets bored and leaves. Thus the increasing spawn timers.

"Annoying waiting times" is hardly a reason for anything.
    Otherwise you'd be playing 24/7 Nuketown for the fast respawns and fast action.
  20. Drsexxytime

Well, if you followed the forums here especially, and reddit and such
    - Progress on optimization, what's being done, when is it going to be done
    - How are the teams split for the PC/PS4
    - Will the PS4's inevitable boost to audience increase production of content, or will there be a longer delay in such that there are "2 platforms" to accomidate

Now the big questions:
    - How are you going to address the severe population issues surrounding some servers in which is utterly game breaking. For example, during alerts, and during "off-peak" times, meaning 20 hours out of the day that is dominated by a certain faction. "Suggested servers" are not addressing this issue.
    - Why does it take you guys to address major issues like Striker-gate, which is game breaking, and imbalanced. ZOE maxes as well. Yet, Phoenix gets nerfed within days?
    - Where is the content and meta game promised now for MONTHS. There are masses of people saying the game has gone stagnant. Not good for a F2P game.
    - With the team "consolidations", what is going to be impacted, and where is the focus going to be applied after this optimization stuff.

That's just some. I did the work for you there to find some of the bigger questions. You're welcome.