RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 26

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Gary

anywhere we can see the list of upcoming outfits? :)
  2. Luperza Community Manager

Sorry, I am keeping that internal in case of situations, like this week, where an outfit has to bail. :)

Also, I never know what new events or things like that will come up. It's best to just show you guys every week, what is coming up. I think one week in advance is enough. =] ( Just a note, outfits that are within a month and a half of the current episode, know when they are going to be on PS2FNO, so they always have time to prepare for the most part.)
    • Up x 3
  3. CaNsA

That makes no sense.....

Are you saying that VS and NC are European only and that every TR is a yank?
  4. Luperza Community Manager

On the note about EU outfits, they have all been great about working within the time frame of the PS2FNO regular showtime! It's hard to have a show where you change the time all the time. It's much better to be consistent. :)
  5. SharpeShooter

• Up x 2
  6. dnaRIP

Thanks to all that showed up. There were some logistical and technical issues that came up on our end that we were not able to properly anticipate with the short notice. That being said, we sincerely hope that everyone enjoyed our little bit of fun that we try to have within BRTD on a daily basis. Thanks also to the other TR, NC and VS for putting on a great show for the viewers!

Lastly, big shout out to Luperza and Jimmy for a great show. We hope the work at SOE continues for the PS2 community.

Regards,
    (BRTD)dnaRIP
    • Up x 3
  7. Dotz0r

All in all, was a good night - was a bit too much TR - but the support from the TRAM was good.

We could not really show our true self, it was short notice and even the little parade at warpgate was rushed in 5 minutes. (we were all dissapointed when you went out the right hand door...rather then going up the middle to the stairway)

We tried to avoid the tram / lag fests. But our squads kept getting recalled to other bases. We had a mission and a goal. But apparently BRTD moving out for different objectives to accomplish a bigger goal eventually could not fit in the FNO timeframe. (Apologies for any bad language heard on my end)

My advice to any outfit on any up-and coming FNO.

Don't take it seriously, try and be yourself - don't overcomplicate things. Know what you are going to do - and make sure people of rank can hear all whispers:eek: so they don't have to ask over and over.

y'know.

Can i go to bed now?
    • Up x 3
  8. Luperza Community Manager

Get some sleep!! We loved having y'all on the show!
  9. Mudbug

To counter the problem of losing sight of the spotlight outfit, your freecam should really be able to be 'stuck' to someone in follow mode. The hosting outfit command could easlity direct you to the interesting fights and movements that way by suggesting you shift to another player and with that macro zoom you seem to have you could still get a good overview of the entire battlefield all the while keeping it centered on in this case BRTD.

Or is all this possible and happening already and am I just stating the obvious>? In that case nm :)
  10. St0mpy

I had to miss out :( totally the wrong time this week :(

Timezones are no ones fault but 1-2am UTC isnt seeing EU outfits in their natural environment. Since we are a mature global audience as far as understanding timezone limitations, for one week could you perhaps film early and reshow the stream later?

If i can suggest, advertise it as a special EU outfit spotlight episode ahead of time, advertise the earlier filming time all week so we still get camera chasers and have a live channel show, and then reshow it later in the evening for the normal FNO audience who cant make the special event time?

Ideally between 7pm-9pm UTC would be visiting Miller at peak time, thats for you guys between 11pm-1pm PST (12pm-2pm summer time), a long lunch! ... we just want to show you and FNO a good time! :D

As always thanks a lot, great episode, im half way through watching it now. Really sad I missed being there, even if only as a tiny cog in the TRAM wheel.
  11. Canaris

Thanks for show casing BRTD on FNO Maggie & Jimmy, awesome vid and just want to give a shout out to those commanders who did the interview on the stream you did an amazing job, especially you Sharpe, ya know :D
    and biggups to the whole outfit for a great job & to TRAM for also showing up and doing a fantastic job showing the Unity of TR on Miller

Loyalty Until Death!
  12. UnDeaD_CyBorG

That mobile app looks sleek.
    Wish I had a tablet. :p
    However, I'd wish for it to actually, finally, show numbers.
    I mean, there's spreadsheets out there giving me firerate in rpm, damage in actual health points, etc, and then this mobile app still just gives me the bars that are not that useful in game, either.
  13. Dubious

More time? You sat in the warpgate for 2 hours...
  14. Dotz0r

2 hours rofl, 2 hours my rear end.....
  15. Rolfski

Thanks for the show SOE! Entertaining to watch and fun to be part of.

My suggestion for improvement: For future FNO outfit showcasing I strongly recommend to have these pre-recorded on local prime time. It's already one thing for EU based FNO featured outfits to have their members stay up at 2/3 am, but for the other EU outfits/empires to stay up as well to give a good show is just asking too much.
  16. Hypest

[PSA] Content Session is at 2:16:47 Heavy Pistol (which is huge) and some MAX stuff.
  17. Gavyne

This was a really fun episode, I really enjoyed it. For some reasons these euro outfits are always funny and happy going. Good stuff.

Oh and great job on the mobile apps, it looks really awesome, not many games have that.
  18. Jingizu

Especially with only two days advance notice.
  19. Rolfski

Another suggestion for improvement I just came up with:
    Have a GM/admin on very active duty against trollers/ grievers during FNO and have him/her actively temporarily ban/ kick/suspend for an hour or so anybody that is ruining the show.

In this case, BRTD had six rows of Prowlers without camo and canons on 45 degree nicely lined up at the Warp Gate for the show. Together with the other TR outfits on parade it was quite an amazing sight to behold. Of course all of that was in shambles when the show actually started as trollers were having a field day.
  20. MaxDamage

Oh yeah, flex dat musckles.