RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 12

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Luperza Community Manager

This week on Friday Night Ops:
    • Dev Q&A
    • Observer mode + commentary
    • Outfit Spotlight: Total Recoil on Connery
    • Quick Tips & 1337 Infos
    • If you have a video you'd like us to share, email us at fanspam@planetside2.com with the title "FNO: <Name>"
    • If your outfit would like to be spotlighted, have your outfit representative PM me with the title, "FNO: <Oufti Name>"

Don't forget to use our hashtag #ps2fno and follow us on Twitter @Planetside2, @PurrfectStorm and @Jimmywhis
  2. FullMetalMonkey

What server are you fine people going to be on tonight?
  3. Luperza Community Manager

It says "Connery" in the post this time, since Total Recoil is on Conery. Normally, we announce the server before each segment.
  4. PapaSmurf

Might need to nudge my fellow Smurfs into dying on a US server soon :p

Are you able to stream ok on East coast Maggie? I know we struggled on the EU ones waaaaaay back in FNO Episode 3 - Revenge of the Lag. ;)
  5. FullMetalMonkey

Doh, didn't even notice that. Look forward to the start.
  6. Luperza Community Manager

It's definitely not as easy for us on East coast, EU or AUS servers, but we'll hop over to those in order to spotlight various outfits in the future. :)
  7. Gavyne

how does this work? we watch the video or do we hop on the server?
  8. Mvollingjr

The show is streamed on twitch.tv/planetside2 go there if you want to watch
  9. St0mpy

I watched the show tonight, good watching Total Recal...um, Recoils ;) outfit.

Just one question, When asked if they were going to make an option to turn off FXAA, at 3:50:30 Jimmy said FXAA can be turned off in our amd and nvidia control panels. Well im no slouch when it comes to tech knowledge but ive tried it how he suggested and more, even crazy extreme values to see if anything changes yet its still like someone smeared a thin layer of whitewash over my screen unless I change Graphics Quality to low, then it looks great and the whitewash is gone.

But this is a latest generation quad core with AMD Radeon 6950 2GB, I shouldnt be on low just to make a 2012 game look clear should i? This forum already has many threads on not being able to get rid of FXAA but since Jimmy said its possible by 'simply turning it off in can someone please give me a step by step guide to defog high quality, since nothing ive done makes any change?

Thanks a lot.
  10. Tribeca

Once again NC prevented a TR 3 continent cap. As it stands right now NC have the server first and second 3 continent caps on Connery. A feat which VS and TR have yet to get.
  11. EVILPIG

Freedom is our future!
  12. Talron

Hopefully we setup a nice rivalry between TXR and the Devil Doggies by calling them out in the FNO's. I look forward to going to battle against you and your outfit evil Piglet!

Thanks again to Maggie and Jimmy who were so much fun to hang out with and for giving TXR The FNO spotlight! On behalf of all of TXR thank you guys! We all had a blast!

-Talron-
  13. Hordak

Where can I watch Episode 12 at? I tried clicking on the video at the top but it does little to nothing.
  14. Hordak

Found it plz delete these two post. I dont see a edit option ( I will keep looking )

Edit: found edit but seems like I can only edit the post for a certain time frame :(
  15. Copain

Where can I find a replay of the episode?
  16. Luperza Community Manager

The post has been updated to contain episode 12's recap! Enjoy! <3
  17. AndyTB

The video is not working for me, is there another source?
  18. Luperza Community Manager

I'm able to view the video.

Currently, we just have them on Twitch. Once we get our new intro, we'll be uploading them to YouTube. :)
    • Up x 1