[Vehicle] Reaver

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SlowwRidE, Sep 19, 2016.

1. SlowwRidE

Hi there!..

About a reaver anti infantry build., Close support ., like an actual helicopter., but more dedicated to only kill infantry.
    Any suggest?

i am thinking about.

Utility: Scout radar.
    Defence: Composite armor.
    Performance: Hover Stability Airframe " It´s ok?

Primary: M30 Mustang AH
    Secondary: Breaker rocket pods. with Max Ammo.

i am going to expend 4566 (breaker pods already have).

another question.. i take an ESF and flight from point A to point B. i can kill people., but any tip to bring close support to ground forces.

Ty very much!

Primary: M30 Mustang AH
    Secondary: Breaker rocket pods. with Max Ammo.
  2. Pat22

Don't really need Scout Radar if you put thermal sights on your weapons. Keep it for flares or fire suppression.

Then again, scout radar will help everyone else on the ground.
    • Up x 1
  3. Toxicate

In my experience you're better off running stealth as opposed to composite armor. Typically there aren't many situations in which you'll be able to run dedicated anti ground in an ESF and not get ripped to shreds, even more so if you're nice and obvious and show up on the map. While that can be countered by pulling your ESF only for lower pop fights - in those lower pop fights composite armor won't be nearly as useful as stealth, since typically you'll be dealing with lock-ons more than flak and the like. The rest of your build is fine though.

Scout radar is a good start, that certainly helps out ground forces - other than that simply focus on clusters of infantry where they've established choke points and are stopping friendlies from advancing. Killing the lone infiltrators sitting here and there is all good and fine but it doesn't do that much to help take a base, for instance.
  4. Liewec123

hover frame is great, and its actually better on reaver than the other ESFs because reaver already has the most upwards thrust. :)
  5. zaspacer

When using ESF, I fly Ground Support most the time. I am an above average ESF, but my Aim is poor. My current personal preferred general A2G ESF Loadout is:
    Engineer (as pilot)
    high Mag Nosegun (reload speed)
    Rocket Pods
    Fire Suppression (even level 1 is great)
    Stealth (max)
    Hover Air Frame

My suggestions for you depends on:
    1) what your aim skill level is
    2) if you want to farm Infantry or support your Ally Infantry

Skill Level
    ========
    If you are high aim skill, then AH is an option. If you are low skill, then you are generally better off using Default or high Mag Nosegun and just using Rocket Pods for your AI (unless you're farming enemy Infantry without decent AA).

Farm Infantry
    =========
    Scout Radar is good to find stray targets in smaller fights or zerg steamrolling and spawn camping enemies. Otherwise I'd suggest Fire Suppression because it (1) improves suviveability, (2) allows taking bigger risks in performing G2A, and (3) is much better for dealing with A2A when you get pressed by enemy Air.

Infantry Support
    ===========
    If it's around an enemy Bio Lab, Scout Radar can really help light up the lab for them. If it's an ally Bio Lab, you can fly into and park in the basement and light up the whole Lab for them (most people find this too boring, but it's very helpful). Scout Radar is good to find stray targets (for you or your allies) in smaller fights. Otherwise I'd suggest Fire Suppression because it (1) improves suitability, (2) allows taking bigger risks in performing G2A, and (3) is much better for dealing with A2A when you get pressed by enemy Air. Also, if you are working in a very high enemy AA area (especially if you have no good cover), you may find yourself unable to do work at closer ranges, and using the high Mag Nosegun or even Default Nosegun (plus doing Q-Spot) can be very good for working at far range and putting some disruption pressure on enemy Vehicles (or even destroying them if they are in large open areas without good repair support) and helping take some of the enemy Vehicle pressure off Allies on the ground.
  6. rahte

I would not take AirHammer. After nerf Vortec Rotary with maxed out mag is better anti infantry weapon.