Reaver: Kestrel or Mustang m20?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by haniblecter, Dec 19, 2014.

1. haniblecter

Hello,

I'm a great pilot: great maneuvering, awareness, everything. But i consistently lose duels because I just can't hit flying ESF's with the vortek, the only gun I've used on my Reaver.

Is the Kestrel's additional 40 rounds worth it over the Mustang?
  2. iller

I just tried the AirHammer yesterday and found it compliments my type of Semi-Auto playstyle surprisingly well.
    It was still completely futile against those Air Chavs who run Racer3 yet somehow turn faster than my DogFighter2 (so legit).

But against normal non exploiters, it just feels versatile enough to overcome the "Nerfed" stigma it's had this year IMHO
  3. haniblecter

I'm refering to the base gun, not the AH.
  4. Daemeon

Definitely the Mustang. The accuracy alone makes it a superior weapon to the Kestrel. I still prefer my Vortek for close in fighting though. Though I may have 34+ days played in my Reaver don't just take my word for it... find your Zen gun my friend... find it :)
  5. CorporationUSA

Considering that the Mustang is free, I'm gonna say go with that.

They might be running Hover 3. I'm pretty sure the better airbrake with the hover frame means they get into hover mode faster. I don't think dogfighter does anything worthwhile, except increase the yaw speed. Maybe if the air-meta was centered around dogfighting and not hover dueling that would matter.