Reaper DMR

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Daswen, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Daswen

Hi fellows, does someone bough it? What's your opinion, this weapon worth it? I unlocked on trial, then my game crashed, so i cant tell if it is good, bad, or just useless :p

Imho, unless it deals massive damages, like 2 bullet / kill, this gun is pretty useless.

So, what do you think about it?
  2. Incarnadine

It's pretty useless.

Doesn't need a 2 shot kill to be useful, but it's not really much more damage than most other guns with a slower rof and worse bloom than most. In general horrible. That NS gun is much better
  3. Rayco

I bought it...instantly regretted it. I've yet to find anything better than the starter gun.

It's recoil is way too high to justify it's "high" damage. I bought it, wasted 30 certs on a 6x scope and unless you're just popping off single shots and hope the person just sits there and takes it while you wait for the recoil you're **** out of luck. It's better without a scope as the scope just magnifies the recoil. With the ironsight it's decent but then of course you can't really see too far with it.

Honestly I don't think there's really anything worth spending money on in the cash shop besides appearance customization. Which is probably a good thing.
  4. Joracy

The guns not as bad as most people think, but it's not great either, and a bit weird. I'd suggest not using anything more than a 2x reflex on it. With that it's quite versatile, you can hold your own in close quarters 1v1, and you'll do better at mid/long range than other guns (I've managed to kill snipers on many occasions). With a higher power scope, you have two problens; you're worthless below medium or long range, and it magnifies the recoil making longer range actually more difficult. You absolutely NEED to ADS with the reaper. It's atrocious CoF and low magazine size mean you simply cannot hipfire; even in super close range most of the time you'll want to ADS. It has a very decent TTK however, only needs I think 4 or 5 shots to kill, so in close range combat, if you're using ADS you can very quickly dispatch people by just spraying, but at long range (And the 2x is okay for this), once you get into the grove of how quickly you can shoot with the recoil resetting and the CoF not increasing, you can very quickly get those 5 shots into an sniper, or another stationary target at long range. In medium range, spray/burst fire depending on the situation.

The gun could use some changes, like a higher magazine, or some changes to it's damage/RoF/recoil to make it less awkward at close range/more suitable for long range with a higher magnification scope, but it's usable right now. I exclusively use it and the alpha squad gun (I think it used to be the torrent? But they changed the name or something?) depending on the situation. The NS11 does seem quite good when I tested it, but for differently purposes.
  5. Verinas

Anyone tried the Reaper after this patch? Iv been using it a lot and with a compensator and grip i get some very good results, i could swear it had a much worse recoil before.

Maybe im just full of it or im getting better at handling the NC guns, but im getting alot of kills with this thing now, my tests also show that my upgraded reaper has lower recoil then a gauss rifle S without compensator and grip .
  6. Vorenius

I tried it for the first time today, the recoil wasn't bad, and it did it's duty as a long-range rifle.
  7. TormDK

It's one of those guns I want to like. I use it as my main weapon for medium/long engagements, but for CQC you have to get the drop on the guy you are shooting, especially if he's a TR Heavy with a CARV :p

I haven't had much time to play with it recently though, but if it was changed in the patch I'll pick it up again shortly. I expect it to perform like the G3A4 from Battlefield 3. A pretty accurate high damage low ROF weapon.
  8. Trysaeder

It's definitely not a bad gun at all. Very average DPS and manageable recoil once you get used to it. One of the biggest advantages of this gun is its ability to bypass resist shields with headshots within ~12 metres. Terrific for burst firing without sacrificing any firepower at close range, it's a pretty versatile gun.
  9. Tovarich Cookie