Real-life regional connection issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dhabu, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Dhabu

Hi all,

I play in Korea, where my wife and I teach English. I've been playing PS2 since beta, on Genudine-->Connery. I've got fairly high-BR characters there, I'm part of a great outfit, and I like the community.

Today, Daum, the new Korean publisher of PS2, went into beta. As of today, when I try to login on the Launcher, I'm told that I "appear to be in a Daum territory", and I need to download the Korean client and play on the Korean server.

This is not cool.

Now I know the European folks have been through all this with PSS, so: Is there any way to still connect to North American servers? I have a ticket in with SOE, but it's late in North America, so I'm hoping an Internetizen will help me out here.
  2. dragonbob123

I'm having the same exact issue.

I've been playing since closed Beta on the server SolTech and on the server Matherson ever since the server merges happened. I'm in the U.S. Army and was stationed here in the Republic of Korea a few months ago. Even with the time zone differences and the slightly higher than optimal ping I still liked playing on the same server because of my character that I've spent both my time and my money on.

While PS2 is one of my favorite games I simply can not enjoy playing on a Korean server where I don't understand the language at all.

For now I will just wait and hope that something is done about this.
    • Up x 1
  3. Solomn

Having the same problem. I am military stationed here in Korea. I have been playing on my server since release and now they want me to change servers because I moved. This is ridiculous. I am hoping it is just a mistake or SOE will have quite a few upset military stationed outside the U.S.
    • Up x 1
  4. Hyorim

SAME thats real annoying !!
  5. dragonbob123

But really can we get some kind of response from support about this?
  6. Plunutsud pls

Use a VPN to change your IP to an American one.

I've had to use VPN to get around region locks for several other games.

OpenVPN is a popular service, but there's plenty of others and many of them are free (but might give you higher ping than others).
  7. dragonbob123

I already get a ping of about 180, VPN would just make it worse. :(
  8. Plunutsud pls

VPN is the only way to bypass a region lock.

A good VPN server will only increase your ping by around 15ms.
  9. Scutt

Guys, if you have a problem with this, submit a ticket.
    I got a reply in eight hours and my account has been unlocked: I can play on EU and US servers.
    Bad comm but props to SOE customer service on this one.
  10. malieberg

I sent them a ticket at 0922-Seoul Time. Couldn't login to my PC account for the game as well. It really is dumb that we have to download crapware and create a new account.

I hope mine gets unlocked like Scutt's.