[Suggestion] real jumpjets

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by sheldor187, Jan 27, 2013.

1. sheldor187

The other day I was watching some alpha footage and noticed that back then the LA had jump jets that literally gave him a giant forward leap and I think it would be really cool to have now, that way you can run up to a lightning jump over it C4 it jump away and BOOM, just my thoughts constructive criticism would be appreciated and please respect the opinions of other people.
  2. Wolfwood82

They probably took that away because they wanted to seperate horizontal and vertical jumps with DJs and Icarus jump jets. Give the ability slot more options to choose from. Also because that would probably have made us too powerful.
  3. Iridar51

It would certainly be nice to have ability to accelerate with JJs. Drifters are nice for hovering, but their *horizontal movement* is mostly just keeping momentum, not accelerating.

Perhaps the answer is a third option, rocket jets or something. Faster than JJs, but less fuel and lesser vertical lift capability.
    Allows for rapid forward movement, a speed boost, if you will.

If enemy base is surrounded by a wide open area, and there's no heights to abuse and limited cover, LA is nearly useless. But if we had these jets we could rapidly approach enemy base and interrupt their defense.
  4. Wolfwood82

People have plugged that idea a lot. I haven't commented yet because I just don't know how useful/powerful it would be. Too lazy to think about it now though.
  5. Achmed20

Maybe they removed due to lag issues? they removed icarus Jets because of that afaik. they were so fast that other people werent able to see them anymore and the palyers basicly bugged out causing them to warp arround.

i'd personaly love to have them. dodging and jumping arroud like crazy (vanquisch style) ... oh the joy this would bring. but there really has to be a downside for this aswell. like less health or so because you would be dam hard to hit.
  6. Wolfwood82

I actually think the problem was literally a networking issue. People moving at that speed made it hard for the server to track and update their position properly to other players nearby. Even a touch of lag on either end or bad ping could have the character more then 10m from where it actually is and this could cause serious problems with the networking.
  7. Iridar51

Great minds think alike :rolleyes:
  8. sheldor187

If memory serves during the entire video he only used them once so I think they had a rather long cooldown