Real Game Update 2 Patch Notes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codeak, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Codeak

Hey guys got a real great patch coming out for everyone I'm real excited about it, here are the specifics you've all been waiting for:

-Spawn camping did not get fixed, in fact you just about halved everyone's XP and Cert intake.
    -Piloting is out of the game, no one in hell wants to pilot anymore.
    -AA rewarded even more for reasons that most probably include casual players are just terrible at flying so they complain a lot, Resulting in an average mossy life time of 5 minutes.
    -Color schemes flipped (on accident?) NC are red and TR are Blue now?
    -Prowler is a sniping machine with its deploy
    -Magrider got upsettingly gimped
    -Optimization, it didn't happen.
    -Bugs going on a month without comment or fix (medipack restock)
    -Liberator tank buster no longer busts tanks.

Whoever wants to add to this list is more then welcome to, I probably already did better then Virrago did.

2. KidApathy

And to think SOE was going to "save" this game.
  3. Crosi

-Infantry are more vulnerable than ever. Game is now a first person version of World of Tanks.
  4. Efraim

like it matters anyway with the bottom falling out of FPS and the constant disconnects
  5. Phyr

-People are never happy, nothing they do will fix that
    -Complaints about things they wanted changed, no longer like the change
    -Improvements are never good enough
    -Entitlement
    • Up x 3
  6. KidApathy

-Trolls thinking they know what is good for planetside 2 with their 1 day of /played.
    • Up x 1
  7. R3sp0nse

I gotta say that I am as disappointed as you my friend. I'm running a 2700K, 2x660ti's in SLI, with 16gb of ram and the game installed on a 520 intel ssd, and today it was like a slideshow at one point due to the low FPS, and there wasn't even much going on!

Things were smooth in the warp gate, heh.

I'd like to know what went wrong
  8. Phyr

-trolls with ironic names
  9. Meh.

All I know they fix one thing for me which is the Nade Launcher reload, even tho it got a slight nerf. "Cough" Getting a lot more team kills by mistake because of it lol.
    Anyhow the UI really is horrible to my eyes, really hope they put a option to put like classic UI or disable/enable it or something.
  10. Vikarius

You forgot one.

- Infiltrators cloak now makes them more visible then out of cloak. This is a prelude to deletion of the class from the game, and an attempt to sway people from attachment to said class
    • Up x 1
  11. Jetlag

- Jumping on a vehicle now results in instant death
    - rival chassis and afterburner for magrider is now a huge waste of certs
  12. Tvayumat

- I may be alone here but the SMGs... I don't know about VS and NC but my god the model for the TR SMG is awful. Thing looks and sounds like a toy.
  13. R-A-B

If a game consists of "spawning", of materializing out of thin air then there will always be some form of spawn camping. If an enemy is pushed back to their "spawn" then a perimeter will be set up until the area is captured. This is just how game mechanics work unless you always want to spawn at the warpgate and spend ages walking back to battles all the time or be able to drop pod anywhere severely messing up battle lines (more). I equate it to saying the American navy "Spawn camped" Iwo jima or on a smaller scale the Russians "spawn camped" the Reichstag.

menu->settings->general, you'll find you can set each faction to any colour you want. though this includes territory capture graphs/points and how they appear on the mini map. I have naturally set Vanu to a 80's pink.

It appears to be a bug, it was supposed to be 20% increased velocity but some prowler gurus are saying it's more like 200%. Expect a hotfix.
  14. Dubious

Childish Colors..
  15. LordTankT9

I kinda like the new infantry and infantry weapons fixes.
  16. rguitar87

The old camouflage colors were all changed to be shiny and bright, they now look like they were made in MS Paint. The "new" camo types for sale have the realistic colors that the ones we already paid for used to have. There was no explanation or notification about the change to the old ones.

Lock on missiles give no "Lock" tone or HUD indicator, I get a tiny millisecond "blip" and the missile hits.
  17. Codeak

Thanks everyone i knew i forgot some things