[Reaction Video] NC Reaction to TR Striker Nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SoggyCow, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geneaux

I was trolled? Okay, but it makes no difference to me.

"VS have only recieved nerfs in that time" Sounds to me you're suggesting VS got the "short end of the stick", "again", its as if NC or TR don't also factor. The issues stated may not necessarily be VS inherent but aren't without existence. Anyone can check the forum thread history and see this out of their own volition, so that fact that I don't have "evidence" doesn't discount the ridiculous procrastination the forums and it's members have had to deal with or existing history. Quite frankly, I'm tired of any whining on this forum.

The Spiker will get a buff only on virtue that its a new weapon. If it were anything else, such as the other weaponry you mentioned, it could be months 'til it sees a tweak of any kind.

At least the Lasher is versatile and can be used on all potential targets.
  2. NXR1

It will be horrible for suppression as the guy on the other side knows even if you have 2 people firing it at the door they can get in kill the guys with the striker and chances are not even lost their shields the only time i ever see this having a use is as a low damage carpet bomb from valkyries
  3. AdmiralArcher

the problem people have with the PPA is that its too easy to use at any range. the Marauder doesnt preform as well because it is hard to use at range.
    • Up x 3
  4. Thesweet

This what the nc and vs wanted, easy mode. Vs and nc are already easy mode, there just even easier now.
    • Up x 1
  5. FocusLight

Stop embarrassing yourself.

First off, if Strikers, with hilariously low damage, slow projectiles and a weak homing ability will make TR territory a no-fly zone then VS territory would have been one since forever - the Lancer can be charged to do 7 times the damage a single Striker missile does and to have near hit-scan levels of accuracy and near instant travel time. That is reliable damage delivered accurately and nearly instantly, making aiming easy. Lancers offer no warning either and are very deadly even in small groups of 3-5.

VS don't use it all the time and most of them seem content to whine that it's "useless". TR is getting a weapon that is inferior to their basic G2A launcher in all ways except, the G2A launcher uses lock-on and can be temporarily stopped with flares.

Speaking of the basic G2A launcher...

Secondly, the basic G2A launcher that I compared the T2 Striker with is called the ASP-30 Grounder. You are thinking of the MAX AV-grenade weapons called the M3 Pounder HEG.

I did not make any mistakes in my comparison, I compared a basic launcher with the job of shooting down aircraft, while being able to dumb-fire on tanks, with the Striker. Both dumb-fire on tanks, both track aircraft in some way, one of them is useful, the other is blatantly inferior, and thus, there is no purpose to using it over the other. THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME JOB, IT'S JUST THAT ONE OF THEM SUCK AT IT. GUESS 3 TIMES WHAT LAUNCHER I'M THINKING OF?

Please stop embarrassing yourself.
    • Up x 3
  6. FocusLight

Personally hesitating to call it a buff don't make it not a buff.

Nerf: The potency of an item, weapon or ability is reduced. How much is irrelevant.
    Buff: The potency of an item, weapon or ability is increased. How much is irrelevant.

The Magrider's boost was increased. It was a buff. We can argue how big or useful it was, but it's still a buff, just like the velocity of the Marauder grenades was boosted. How big a difference did it make? No idea, I've not used the Marauder in months IIRC.
    • Up x 2
  7. Shocklate

Why not make the striker exactly how it was in PS1? Im ok with only lock on, as long as its less than 2.5 seconds and deals REASONABLE damage to targets.
  8. Canaris

I would love to see that happen but do you hear that buzzing at the edge of hearing, that's the echo that would be the millions of VS & NC screams of rage and terror if we had Planetside 1's Striker.

I think a more balanced request would be to make it a shoulder fired Fracture launcher
  9. pnkdth

Already admited my mistake, but this is forumside... And I suppose that means a post which could have been "Oh, ok. Moving on." becomes a massive rant to absolutely no one, but sure, I'm super-embarassed. Shame on me, etc etc.
  10. FocusLight

And maybe next time, NEXT TIME, you can consider the fact that I had not read the rest of the tread when I responded.

I'm not rubbing stuff in for the hell of it, but right now your doing it yourself for the sake of being edgy.

That's basically what it is, only it has coyote homing against air-targets.

We just want it to not suck so much :(
  11. Vixxing

Same as Lasher but TR and NC always go "But its so good for supression!"
  12. Partybooper

Well, can't say it changes that much for me. The Striker was already the worst rocket launcher with no uses in the game after it got nerfed the first time, so I never used it again. So there is no change for me: Never use it -> Never use it.

Laughable. But seriously, when people complained that the Striker was OP before this update: Man, you're doing it wrong! :D
  13. Flag

If we're going to talk about "easy to use at range" we could start with the Prowler Main Guns (P2).
    However if that's not to your liking, we can compare the H-versions, seeing as they are on the same platform.
    Guess what, they're roughly even.
    So most of what edge the PPA has over the Marauder when placed on tanks has mostly to do with the platform. And yes, the Magrider does better lend itself to the PPA than the Prowler does to the Marauder, but in the light of that you can't ignore the Prowler Main guns.
    But really, that's not the topic of the thread. Let's not derail this further.
    The potency of Magburn wasn't touched.
    It was a 1-second boost (which recharged in 20 seconds for me) before the change. It's still a 1-second boost post change (and still recharges in 20 seconds).
    So by your standard, it wasn't buffed as the potency was untouched.

To bring it back to the topic, to call the striker change a buff or a nerf isn't the right thing to do. It's a re-work, and seeing as it's a mechanics change it makes more sense to call it a change, rather than buff/nerf.
    The easy answer is that lock-ons are mindbogglingly boring within the constraints of PS2 and should be evaded at all costs.
    Besides, before the change goes through it -is- the most damaging launcher in the game. Even more so than the descimator.

So when it comes down to it, the new design has a lot more potential for fun both for the users and the targets (very important detail). Being the target of lock-ons is just ****.
  14. FocusLight

The potency of Magburn wasn't touched.
    It was a 1-second boost (which recharged in 20 seconds for me) before the change. It's still a 1-second boost post change (and still recharges in 20 seconds). So what exactly was changed? What was done to it that you called "a minor buff"? Because if anything at all was done to it that make anything about it better, it was a buff. You can take any weapon or whatever in this whole game or any other game anywhere, and if you change the stats for the better, even a little, that's a buff. For instance let's say the NC's Ghauss SAW get's it's ROF boosted from 500 RPM to 501 RPM and NOTHING ELSE in touched or altered in any way. TINY buff is tiny... but it's a buff all the same.
    So by your standard, it wasn't buffed as the potency was untouched. Again, what was done to it that made you call it a buff? Whatever that thing was, if it was a positive change then the magburner's potency has been increased, ergo, buffed.

Anyhow, I will leave this be so everyone can get back on topic.
  15. Flag

What was done was that lower ranks recharged faster (from 1 min at 1/4 to 35 seconds at 1/4).
    However for the 4/4 rank nothing changed. At all.
    1 second boost before = 1 second boost after.
    20 seconds full recharge before = 20 seconds full recharge after.
    As opposed to how 500 > 501 in your SAW example where one would be better after a change.

So for people like me who already had the 4/4 version, nothing changed. No buff, no nerf.
    As opposed to the Fire Supp. change for ESFs, where it went from 12.5% to 25% at max rank. Solid buff.

So no, I don't agree that the magburner change qualifies as a buff. Not in the slightest.
    • Up x 1
  16. Metallic123

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  17. Furluge

Honestly at this point I think the devs are just screwing with TR.

"Hey guys we are gonna give your striker a new mechanic so it isn't crap and will give you something the other factions don't get from NS!"
    "Really?"
    "Hell no we are nerfing it again!"
    • Up x 4
  18. FateJH

The PS1 Striker was a front-ended lock-on weapon that also had a dumfire mode. You pointed it at something and the lock was established; for the duration of rocket travel, you had to keep the launcher on target to maintain the lock, otherwise the rockets just flew in their last known direction. In reality, all of the PS1 ESRLs were essentially the same in design principle - a dumbfire mode, plus utility that gave reliability for accuracy - but only differed in mechanics. The PS1 Lancer front-ended that reliability for accuracy into its dumbfire mode, trading damage for speed and distance; the Phoenix forced the user to guide the rocket themselves for reliability, trading sustained damage for individual rocket punch; the PS1 Striker required the user be able to maintain precise LoS on his target for reliability.

I find the PS1 Striker's trade-off confusing to word, however, and it would probably change depending on whom you asked and what their situation was.
  19. Shocklate

So are you saying that you think it was a good weapon, and would be good here, or that you would not like that type of weapon here?
  20. Shocklate

Accurate discription
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.