[Suggestion] Re-implement Bullet drop.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goldy, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Goldy

I think the game is getting a little rediculous with the long range fights. There have been situations where tiniest of specks are fighting across chasms aganist other tiny little specks, I think it's a little much.

I believe a re-implementation of bullet drop would help give substance and uniqueness to weapons and help them differentiate from each other (would give the bullet velocity cert a greater purpose as well). Having weapons excel in areas that they're supposed to as well as making fights a more personal activity (getting hit by a shotgun @100m is a little silly)
    • Up x 1
  2. Ganelon

I presume this is aimed towards VS weapons?
  3. DashRendar

No he means TR and NC weaponry. I've been saying the same for months, so have others. No idea why they reduced bullet drop or made nights brighter. Those are two things I'd like to see returned to their beta states.
  4. Nocturnal7x

Um yea, you didn't get hit by a shotgun at 100m, and if you did you deserved it. Slugs travel sooo slow and have extreme drop. That was one hell of a shot.
  5. Ganelon

But then they'd have to re-implement damage degradation for VS again as well.
    • Up x 1
  6. COMMANDER K33N

I think bullet drop could do with a little increase. Not as much as we saw during beta, but certainly enough to actually necessitate compensation. BF3 had it the other way round to this game - High drop, fast travel time so you didn't have to lead targets. I'd be happy to see it stay as it is now, but I wouldn't complain over a slight increase in drop.
  7. 13lackCats

If you don't want long range firefights, then close the distance.

Tattleside 2
    • Up x 1
  8. jjruh

When will people learn... They didnt take it out, the made it the same as the TR and NC damage degradation... And IT WAS A NERF! Not a buff!
    • Up x 1
  9. Goldy

I don't know if it was slug or not, all I know was it was a shotgun but the point of the thread isn't that I got pegged with a shotgun, that's fine. The point is that I think bullet drop would be better for the game.

I think that if a weapon says, "bullets shoot straight until reaching @15m(or whatever)" then after the bullet hits its "effective range (@15m(or whatever)" then the bullet drop should start affecting said bullet after it passes it's effective range (@15m (or whatever)
  10. Van Dax

QFT
  11. jjruh

I don't know what that means, but considering you liked my post, im sure its good.
  12. DashRendar

You missed the point of what was being said.
  13. Goldy

I don't really mind it either, just to promote discussion.
  14. Van Dax

Quoted for truth
  15. COMMANDER K33N

It'd be nice if they introduced a cert tree/attachment that would allow for zeroing, but considering the range of most engagements in the game, its not really necessary.
  16. JP_Russell

You're saying this game has problems with some fights being too long range?

Absolutely do not agree. CQC is already hugely predominant in this game. Long range gunplay is way less relevant in PS2 than in most other large scale shooters.
  17. Goldy

I think it leans too far when it's a pixal, versus another pixal.
  18. h00n

Play a different game. Fire fights should begin as far away as is possible. If you can hit someone at 600 meters you should be rewarded.
  19. Sultan Pepper

VS already has damage degradation. Its the same as both of the other factions.
  20. xXSmokeXx

Their laser rifles are not. And no, it was not a nerf. They got a buff to their long range damage, which coupled with overall lower recoil and zero bullet drop means a straight buff to ranged combat. The only guys I ever get 3+ consecutive headshots from at long range are Vanu. As for close range, they merely got equalized with other factions.

So, overall, a buff.