Rarely do I stop and admire the beauty anymore...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeathTollDavid, Jul 18, 2013.

1. DeathTollDavid

Just occured to me last night that I am now so caught up in the gameplay that I never even stop to admire the beauty of the game anymore. So I took some shots for nostalgias sake.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 27
  2. paradroid

The aurora's on Esamir are especially beautiful, but at night all 3 continents have some of the grandest views Ive seen in FPS gaming, something we dont recognise when we are shooting the **** out of something
  3. bodmans

i dont have either the graphics nor time to admire the beauty, and if i did, all ingame time would probably be spent figuring out the patern of the gravlift's and jumppad's effects...
    • Up x 3
  4. AxisO7

I remember the first time myself and a friend were up on the cliffs to the east of Zurvan at nightfall, back in the beta. The night sky, the lights of Zurvan, the occasional bursts of tracer fire...loved it.

Never notice things like that anymore. :(
    • Up x 5
  5. Ravenorth

Anyone ever noticed that those planets on the sky actually moves all the time? Noticed it on Esmir at one night, very nice small detail
    • Up x 2
  6. KlyptoK

...when they aren't spazzin out xD
    • Up x 7
  7. DeathTollDavid

We need more screens. Take some today when you play if you see anything that looks great. If you use steam you can upload it to your profile and post them here from there.
  8. DeathTollDavid

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  9. Arkenbrien

There is a button that hides your weapon as well. I think it is one of the upper f keys.
  10. P4NJ

Nice screenshots!
    I remember when I first joined the game... everything seemed so massive. I spent half an hour figuring out how to get on top of Andvari biolab if I remember correctly.
  11. DeathTollDavid

I remember trying to get on top of scarred messa the first few times and ultimately went to warp gate to pull a mosquito. I had not yet discovered jump pads :oops:.
  12. Kelu

Can't wait till this game is well optimized so I can actually play at that quality without the risk of crashing or single digit fps. For now, lower quality for 15-30 fps is good enough for me.
    • Up x 1
  13. DeathTollDavid

I play on High now. I was playing on Ultra and I didnt notice any difference in FPS or graphics so I figured it was safer to play on high.

I am sure the ultra graphics are subtle and I just dont notice the difference. I imagine if I play on medium I probably would not crash once a day, but then what would be the point.
  14. DeathTollDavid

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  15. NinjaTurtle

Especially what the effect is coming through a bio labs dome. Makes fights in there really nice

Unfortunately yes the game is beautiful, however due to poor performance I have to have most of my setting on medium - low. I don't even have a bad system, i5 and a GTX 570 :(
  16. MarlboroMan-E

I was flying from TR WG on Indar up towards Allatum at max elevation and literally took the time to just stop and look ... there was no dust or fog, and the view was amazing. Shoulda screenied it.
  17. NikkoJT

I have a folder full of Ooh Pretty screenshots from all three continents that I've set as rotating desktop backgrounds. This game really is beautiful.

The command to hide the weapon is right next to the hide UI command. I think it's SHIFT+F10 for UI and SHIFT+F11 for weapon.
  18. DeathTollDavid

Thanks I will try to remember that.
  19. Kuklakot

What beauty? The game is ugly as hell (because I have to set it on low so I can see where I'm shooting without being blinded by all the particles).
  20. Tommyp2006

It's too bad so many people run this game on toasters that they never get to see this game maxed out.
    This game looks good from a distance most of the time, it's up close that it looks worse.
    • Up x 3