Rank 5 Nanoweave worth 1000 certs?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Belarod, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Belarod

Any thought on this? I am currently running Nanoweave Rank 4, and I'm having a hard time justifying an additional 1,000 certs, for what an additional 5 percent damage reduction? What would that be 1 additional bullet?

Anyway I would appreciate the discussion.
  2. Snoozzzer

Uber l33t players have told me it's worth it, so I bought it for my personal try-hard class.

Annnndd

There have been several occasions where I'm getting shot and finally reach cover with a minuscule sliver of health. Nanoweave 5 meant the difference between life and a respawn screen.
  3. Iridar51

Just treat the nanoweave 4 as if you had 1200 total hp + shields, and nanoweave 5 gives you 1250.
    For example, with nano 4 Gauss SAW with 200 @ 10m would be a 6 shot kill, and with nano 5 it'll be a 7 shot kill. You can then calculate when this means an additional bullet yourself, but that's kind of useless, due to locational damage and damage drop off.

Whether it's worth it or not depends on you, how much it's important for you to survive.

Personally, I love surviving with a shred of HP, because it means I still can do damage. I got nano 5 and don't regret buying it, but I bought it after I got to run with pretty much every weapon and attachment I wanted to.
  4. SirIBON

1200: 125dmg= 9,6 bullets // 143dmg= 8,39 bullets // 167dmg= 7,19 bullets
    1250: 125dmg= 10 bullets // 143dmg= 8,74 bullets // 167dmg= 7,49 bullets
    You have to look for the benefit :)

In my case, if i chose the NV than i want it as good as possible.
    Finally i want so survive.
  5. Myrgatroid

I like ASC better for LA. Been using it since long before the NW changes.

But, if you are set on NW and it's benefits, then you should max it out IMO.