Railjack, Trap... etc

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Odin, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Odin

Wow been playing with the trap, railjack and shade today with most recent update.
    The trap is absolutely mind-blowingly fun and very very good (possibly borderline op) 2 round burst is pinpoint accurate and fast, 3 round burst is awesome up close and kills very quick and singleshot for longer ranges.
    As a closer in sniper this gun is just amazing, my advice buy this thing as soon as you can.

the railjack, with the now very increased bulletdrop (little more than longshot) this gun has zero identity. It has more bulletspeed then a longshot but that's it. So basically if you had trouble leading targets with a longshot (or if you even bother trying to hit targets running at 250 plus metres) buy it.
    If you already have a la80 or longshot don't bother buying it its basically the same. Sad that nc didn't get a cool weapon, it looks great but a longshot 1.5 is just well, boring.

The shade is very cool and unique, fun to use and having the flexibility and no ammo thing is very cool, as a vs I would buy this. Versatility is a very underated stat. Tr/Vs new weapons both have a lot of versatility and that's cool and what I was looking for in the sniper update. For Nc sorry your boned on the versatility but the railjack is still a awesome weapon. Just doesn't have much wow factor about it especially if you already own a longshot.
  2. NCDaniel

So, NC got screwed?
  3. Odin

Not really, just a boring upgrade. Still a small bit better than the longshot but boring. If you own a longshot it really serves no purpose.
    Would have been cool with something else as a alt fire, so many suggestions were put forth and nothing was implemented.
    The tr/vs guns are new and interesting railjack is just yawn.....
  4. DeadliestMoon

In retrospec, probably should have just accepted the shotgun alternate fire mode.
  5. DeadliestMoon

Well obviously if they werent implemented then they were all bad.
  6. Mrripboard

There's not enough differentiation between the railjack and longshot for it to be worth the price. I don't care for a unique rifle in firemode or unique design, rather what I want to see is a unique statistical design where it doesn't feel like a copy paste with a couple stat changed. It just feels lazily made (sorry SOE but that's what it feels like).
  7. DeadliestMoon

No it isnt.
    • Up x 1
  8. NCDaniel

Tragic. Also, I heard that there was going to be new assault rifles? Not sure if this is a false rumor.
  9. DeadliestMoon

Definitely false.
    • Up x 1
  10. Lankhmar

Well it's a lottery, NC got a bloody cool camera guided rocket launcher last time. Almost made an NC soldier just for that after trying it out on the test server....while the TR got a multi-shot but lower-damage version of the annihilator *shrugs*
  11. Cromell

...which got nerfed to the ground afterward, making it not only boring but also simply bad. Yeah, it is a lottery.
  12. NinjaTurtle

This is why nice things can't be added to much QQ. Screw asymmetrical balance.

Seems my prediction a week back that the NC sniper would get nerfed so hard that it will be a worse Lonshot has come true. The second iteration without the shotgun was obviously never going to be allowed, even the VS don't get a no drop sniper

Wish they had kept the shotgun on it, it was less useful than just using a commie for close range but at least it has something going for it, now it is pointless
  13. Odin

Pointless for a longshot owner maybe not for anyone without a longshot. Boring as hell yes, but still a good weapon.
    God I want the trap so bad for nc :(
    Edit: I am a close range sniper 99% of the time so that's why I love the trap so much.
  14. Ash87

I've already said the current railjack iteration is silly.

This is just another rifle in the clearly ascending series of Sniper rifles in terms of power, that further reinforces the whole mess that that gun type exists in.

The NC just got diddled over a barrel on this one.

I wont USE the TRAP, because I don't use burst fire weapons, and I don't play VS so I wont use the Shade... but they are both solid weapons. I said in the beginning, that the shotgun mode, that people hated because it wasn't powerful Enough to be a PAS...was the best they were going to get. This is about 50-50 devs and community on this one.

Given how weak it is now, just give the bloody thing back it's AV capability. Don't raise the damage, just let it damage vehicles, so it has -something- to separate it from every other rifle in the game.
  15. Revanmug

I'm kind of wondering why people suddendly believe the Railgun is bad. The only thing that changed is where the scope was zero and that it also have the same drop as a T3 bolt action which is already minimal. The rest is exactly the same as before.
  16. Epicstrat

I don't think they suddenly think it's bad, they just now realize how slight the upgrades are to the longshot and how boring the gun really is.