[RadarX] "Desync" issues are "a top bug for the team rest assured."

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chipay, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Chipay

2. gigastar

Lets hope so.
  3. lesowski

There is a thread in the technical support forum, https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/desync-issues-and-work-arounds.95695/

This part seemed to help me, pretty much stopped my ping climbing into the thousands randomly and less flying people and vehicles.
    “To fix this problem, open up a command window and type in this:

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

You will have to exit the command window and reboot before this setting can take affect. What this does is it changes Windows so the QueryPerformanceCounter function will be based on a fixed counter that is not influenced by SetFSB. That one line of code should correct this problem and your games will run fine when using SetFSB.

If you ever want to go back to the original buggered up timer that Windows uses then open up a command window and type in this.

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock”
    Credit to BenYeeHua here.

Also, if I manually overclock my computer a lot of the time PS2 graphics will be jittery or stutter, i don't know what to call it but it's like a fraction of a second pause every couple seconds. But If I let AMD TurboV automatically find overclock settings, it doesn't happen. It's at 4.5Ghz, it overclocks higher for most other games but this seems to be the safest. Although I haven't tried overclocking again since the above platform clock change, or since the last 30 patches so maybe this problems gone. Here's what I'm using:

AMD FX-8350 (225x20, 4500mhz)
    Radeon 7970
    16GB DDR3
    Windows 7 64-bit