Quit Using Your Turrets Wrong

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by AnnPerkins, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Riftmaster

From a brief search it appears to probably be a lower budget game by far than Ps2. Obviously different game style as well.
  2. Dytch

He wasn't talking about the game he was talking about the shield. =\
  3. Hexcimer

I provide that critical team assist by helping people get over very short walls.
  4. Brutus

It's different, not bad. And the video is old. The shield now days looks much better.
  5. manfromh

I wish I could throw my turret at the enemy.
    • Up x 2
  6. Vargos

That's what it needs! Genius! The turret should create a hologram that looks like someone is manning it at all times so you can just crouch in the opposite corner and laugh as they get flanked while wondering why their headshots aren't registering.
    • Up x 1
  7. blaze32

^+1 i vote for this!
  8. KoooZ

I actually rack up kills with it. It's not a mow-down-5-guys-rushing-you gun, absolutely not. But it IS a great way to focus entirely on shooting with little regard to bullets. Still need to watch for flankers and rockets/explosives/vehciles/air obviously, but that you want to develop at all times anyway.

Problem I see with using it entirely for cover instead of natural cover is the bright color makes your location in cover obvious.

It's served me well, and I only wish it could damage medium to heavier vehciles/air, then it would be amazing.
  9. Daddy Tickles

There should be a slew of certs to allow bigger shields, more DPS and greater arc of motion to cover a wider area. SOE are really missing a few tricks in regards to creating cert sinks that people would actually want.
  10. Tythes

I think the mana turret clearly isn't working as devs intended since it's a total death trap right now. The fix is pretty simple though:
    • Remove hole in shield. Snipers should flank or wait until you expose yourself by turning to get a clear shot.
    • Reduce damage taken from explosives that detonate in front of (or on) shield. Rockets should not one shot engies behind cover of shield.
  11. RoaRawR

it is not bad, just use right, as vanu our guns only have 30 clip and you can't kill a max with it

but I do agree, but consider if you use a shotgun ect it is not that bad of a choice

also, still waiting on that damn anti-tank mana turret....