[Suggestion] Quit Using Reddit

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rich9115, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Rich9115

like i seriously dont get it WHY ARE YOU USING REDDIT?!?!?!?
    what professional higher end company uses 3rd party sites???
    and alot of the newcomers(which mmo games are mostly based on) dont use reddit and cant be bothered to start!!
    and so you end up the same group of people telling you what the hell you should be doing! oh and lets mention how the group you keep listening to arguably IS THE MOST TOXIC COMMUNITY!!!! they hate and put down any newcomer that challenges a simple something WITH THE EQUIVALENT FORCE OF THE THIRD REICH!!!
    and like you have these forums!!!! why arent the devs using them?!?!?
    Is it because these ones "suck"? WELL YOU'RE THE DEVS!!! ITS YOUR JOB TO FIX WHAT DOESNT WORK!!
    like HELL if you are using reddit so much why dont you just take down these forums to save on maintenance and running costs?
    you seem to be all about the moneys with your newest and most ******** feature, the bounty system.
    FFS! Daybreak do you guys even play your games? the two people that i know play(ed) planetside are gone, Higby and Khrohn.

~TunnelRodent's two squeaks~
    • Up x 4
  2. Liewec123

i think they use 3rd party sites so they can be themselves, on these forums they are official, and what they can and can't say is likely very restrictive, on reddit they're just another guy.

still i agree that it sucks when new update announcements are happening in some random hidden corner of the internet instead of on the official forum :p
  3. OldCuban

The grammar n-a-z-i in me is going insane!!!!!!

On a side note, I agree with you. :p

Fyi, Higby plays almost daily.
  4. Crator

Wait, the devs talk to PS2 community still? I see Matt Higby still posts but he no longer works for the company. Oh, and the community relations manager posts about updates and forum policing stuff. Looks like the last PS2 dev post that has something to do with the game and wasn't from Higby or RadarX was posted here, on the PS2 forums, 2 months ago.

SOURCE: http://www.ps2tracker.net/
  5. Strottinglemon

Disagreed, there's some good stuff on reddit that isn't posted here that the devs should interact with. I'm not one to speak on what's toxic, but I know for certainty there's content there that is the opposite of toxic. For example, a member of the reddit community recently wrote an entire Planetside novel.

This is an appeal to authority and tradition that doesn't hold water.
  6. Pikachu

Because they cant be held accountable if they post wrong stuff if its not on official forums. Higby said it on command center, using prettier words.

Probably also because they hate the forums. At least the blond girl said straight out somewher long ago she relly dislikes the community.
  7. Caydn

Professional ?

lol if you want a answer post on reddit

tell them your from from 4chan they might listen :p