Questions on spawning

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Archm4ge, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Archm4ge

I tried researching on this topic but cant seem to find a consolidated guide on spawning rules. I wish to know what are all the spawning options available to this game and the exact details governing them. I will name the few i know and share about them but if u know more please correct/enlighten me

1) Squad spawn beacon:
    This is placed by the leader of the squad and the beacon placement cooldown is every 6 mins iirc. Everyone from the squad is able to spawn on the beacon every 2mins and u get dropped from the sky. Things i dont know are:
    --- when u are in a platoon of 4 squads, can squad Alpha spawn on squad Bravo spawn beacon??
    --- is there a timer for the beacon that makes it auto disappear or it will forever remain there until destroyed??
    --- can the spawn beacon be destroyed by indirect fire or splash damage like grenades or aircraft?

2) Sunderer:
    A deployed Sunderer with AMS cert and equipped. U can only deploy a Sunderer if u are >150m away from another deployed sunderer. Your whole faction can spawn on a sunderer

3) Bases with SCU
    U can spawn directly inside the base if it still has an SCU and u are the defender

4) Captured Satellites Outposts on big bases if u are the attacking force. As far as i know, the defending force cant spawn on these outposts

5) Normal bases. Things i dont know are:
    --- why cant i spawn on every territory that my faction own? what are the conditions that make a base "opened up" for spawning?

6) Instant Action deployment near your Squad Leader. Have a shared 12 mins cooldown with Instant Action deployment and takes up one instant action deployment slot (u have 5 slots and your squad leader deployment uses up 1 deployment slot) Drops u from the sky iirc. Able to use this when u are still alive.

7) Instant Action deployment. Have a shared 12 mins cooldown that drops u from sky in certain areas. Able to use this when u are still alive. Things i dont know are:
    --- What are the conditions that makes an area opened up for deployment?? Is this set by an overall leader, or determined by the number of people fighting in those territories (like the 5 territories with most combat activity with at least 10 from both factions will be open for deployment) I feel that knowing where i can deploy to is critically important but i cant find any info on this and atm i can just guess. Any explanation would be deeply appreciated.

8) Your faction main base
    You can always spawn there no matter what

If i am missing on anything, pls feel free to add in. I just been playing less than a week and still have much to learn
  2. Morpholine

1. Squad beacons are specific to that squad. I believe they do deconstruct, but the timer is pretty lengthy (easily 15 minutes or more). The beacon can indeed be destroyed by splash damage.
    2. You have this correct, but there is a radius near where you died that limits which Sunderers are available for spawning.
    3. You can spawn in any base with an active spawn room (SCU up, if applicable) within a radius of the location where you died, as well as one where your squad leader is located. (So if you die at Peris, but your leader is at Mao, and there's a facility spawn available there, you can select Mao.)
    4. Forward spawns can be used by whomever has control of it at the time (within radius restrictions for spawning at bases), ally or enemy.
    5. See point 3.
    6. Correct.
    7. Instant action points are determined by (recent) combat activity on the continent. It is possible to have a location be available for a short while after the fight has ended. I don't know if SOE has ever released, or any player has pinned down, exactly what factors in what quantities determine when and if an instant action hotspot is available.
    8. If by "main base" you mean the Warpgate, you are correct.
    I don't think you're missing anything else.