Question to whichever SOE member it may concern

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Archiadus, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Archiadus

Now that the Striker is receiving a significant change in it's mechanics will we, the players that bought a lock-on weapon, have our 1,000 certs / 700 SC refunded?

An answer would be much appreciated. :)
  2. Alkezo

Saron users didn't get refunded when they changed it to a 6 shot weapon. And that weapon was probably on par with the current state of the new Striker, so much that it was buffed a day or two after the patch.
    • Up x 2
  3. FateJH

I'd imagine the reason is the Striker being purchased through SC, as opposed to Nanoweave which is cert-available only. As far as I can recall, SC never gets refunded.
    • Up x 1
  4. Archiadus

One could argue that the mechanics of the Saron remained the same, as in you'd have to aim and shoot after which you'd have no control over the projectile.

The Striker changed from "fire and forget" to "keep the target in your scope" we didn't get a refund for that because it was remained a lock-on weapon.

The current Striker however has no similarity to a lock-on weapon anymore which is why I'm hoping that we'll finally see a refund this time around.
  5. Yeahy

I got it refunded. Just saying its possible.
  6. Tommyp2006

No, SOE does not mass refund weapon purchases, only items that change that are cert only, like suit slots. They may do some weapon refunds on an individual basis, but they don't do them en masse.
    • Up x 1