Question on decoy nades

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Darthbob509, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Darthbob509

So im a returning player after 3 or so months, and was just wondering if decoy nades work properly? From what i understand there is a bug where they do not create a false signature on the minimap? Is that true?
  2. OldMaster80

Very true. They just make noise, and this definitely awards them as the "Most useless item in Planetside 2".
    They should hopefully be fixed with the Infiltrator update (almost there, postponed because of the O.M.F.G.).
    • Up x 1
  3. Scan

The EMP grenade got nerfed as well while you were gone.

It does still remove the shields, but where there was a short delay before their shields started regenerating, nowadays their shield will instantly start regenarating after impact, and their HUD will still be active. (the HUD used to be removed as well)

It still does empty out your energy pool completely if you happen to get hit by it though, so you'll need to stay clear of it.

By the time you have reached the guy you just EMP'ed he'll be at full shields and totally ready for you.

The distortion effect doesn't really do anything exept annoy people.

I suppose that makes the EMP the "Second most useless item in Planetside 2" ? :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  4. Darthbob509

welp, damn... Thanks for the replies guys. But damn it scan, you now bummed me out, i though emp's where fishy. D=
  5. CzechErface

Flashlight is the most useless. EMPs do not take away heavy shields. Decoy grenades fire at odd intervals (that cannot be modified) which totally gives them away. etc etc etc
  6. Scan

I need to rectify the comment about EMP

Today it did seem to put a delay on the shield regen.