Question from a inf newbe

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Tasogie, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Tasogie

Was just wondering. Having spent last few weeks on Repairing arrogant Tankers that then run you over for giggles. I just today switched to Sniper, But I went an bought all the Rifles, an Found Shadow to be pretty much useless sadly. an Cant figure out whats a good sniper rifle.
    I was thinking maybe the "SAS+12x" ??
    I am leveling up Hunter cloak too, but I dont really know what els to get apart from that.

I dont need or want the "ubar" fotm spec build. Just a good solid idea on what I should be training. As I generally work alone away from help, So long range shots are a must.

Any advices?
  2. vampwood

V10 for long range is probably what you want, grab a 12x and really for long range theres not much else to grab that directly improves you except nanoweave for headshot prevention at certain ranges.
  3. Benevon

For sniping, you definitely want a bolt action rifle with a 10x or 12x scope (and I think the 10x might be bugged, at least for TR M77).

For other certs, IMO the ammo belt is a must if you plan on being away from the others. The restoration kit is nice as well. Don't bother with a suppressor for the rifle if you plan on doing long distance sniping, it decreases bullet velocity and from that far away you won't register on the mini map anyway.

I also have the fully auto scout rifle with a suppressor and 2x reflex sights for when I finally decide to infiltrate a base (though I much prefer long range sniping) on a second load out.
  4. PanzerGoddess

depends on what you want to do, close range, medium, long range? Do you want to run as a Combat sniper?

I play TR so I go with the TSAR with 4x scope, hunter cloak, shield recharge, claymore, extra ammo. That is my setup which I use for everything, CQC, long range, chess, poker, breakfast, everything.

or like vamp said, use the v10. Again though how do you want to play?
  5. iller

You bought all that stuff??

I'm so sorry. My advice would be.... in a couple weeks after reality sinks in, you try to come up with the most formal letter you can on your feelings about it "as a high Volume Customer", and CC it to as many departments at SONY as you can, especially their Sales department and whichever CR's or Twitter accounts would rely it directly to Smedly & Higby (hopefully). If you just get the run around, then go Google their Studio's Offices to get their Mailing address and send some copies in good old Snail Mail which makes it a lot harder for them to ignore them (like they appear to be doing right now with everything that's been posted in this forum for the last month) ---- Though there's also the credit card mutually-assured destruction "Nuclear Option"
  6. Tasogie

yer, I tend to like harassment, take out solo's an engis (amazing how many Engi's stand still when repairing). for CQB I use my HA+Piston.
    I havnt worked out yet how to play a inf in CQB. Being on NC too by the way,.
  7. PanzerGoddess

...i...dont...understand....I dont think you want to get this rifle(to the OP)...not sure it has a name yet...the description....cant be right x_X
  8. Tasogie

Its not a huge deal. it was 100$, but I really enjoy the game, so I will get my moneys worth. Granted I will never use all the guns as most of them are crap.I dont know if all are same across faction, but on NC we have one, does less damage than the starter rifle, but it can quickfire, which I guess is handy for those followup shots.
    I thought shadow would make an amazing sniper rifle, but it gets me killed more times than not.
  9. PanzerGoddess

then the LA80 if you can afford it. But Id ask more nc guys about this. Test between the 10 and 12x scope, see which you like better.
  10. Tasogie

Ahh ok, cheers for that. The SAS does do the most damage from longest range though.....??

edit, ok just looked, LA80 it is. I was confusing different guns.
  11. Benevon

FYI, you can trial weapons for 30 minutes. You have to click unlock first (which is a silly place to put it). There is a waiting period before you can trial another weapon, which I forget how long it is.
  12. Tasogie

yer, I saw that mate, thanks. LA80 seems like what I want.
    As for Certs, whats most important to start on. Hunter cloak?
  13. vampwood

LA80 also has the unique benefit of having the fastest projectile out of all the factions snipers by a large amount making it much easier to hit moving targets and less chance of a target moving between firing and impact.
  14. PanzerGoddess

long range, I would go with cloak, the likely hood of you taking alot of direct fire is small since you will be going long range. Most damage you take is either from other snipers or something bigger like a tank round, lib, etc, which wont save you anyways.
  15. Tasogie

yer, I learned last night, fighting in Carbine range as a cloaker is basically a death sentence if they see you.
  16. Sugarfree

on the NC side talking about sniper rifles:

2 choices (imho):

-obviously the LA 80 with a 12 x scope

and (escpecially for newbies)

-the Gauss SPR with a 7x scope

(consider that every faction has similar rifles with equal stats like those I have mentioned here)

-the first is the fastest (meaning the fastest bullets) long-range bolt action rifle
    -the second is a good option vs mobile targets since you can shoot multiple shots while zooming without reloading (unlike bolt actions)

have a look on youtube: some ppl made a good guide about rifle choices and comparisons. Even about all different scope types.

last but not least: if you "hate" the Shadow as you stated then I would go for a Stalker (mid range ofc) with forgrip, supressor and 2x reflex sight. Try it with the weapon trial option, maybe it's the CQC/mid rifle you wanted (since it is automatic but with only 20 rounds per mag)
  17. Tasogie

Good Idea, I hadent thought of doing that. will try stalker today.
  18. Xandax

LA80 is so very nice. The drop on it seems rather small compared to the SR7 on the TR side, but that might just be perception (haven't bothered to look into numbers, so playing with 'feel' )
    Just seem I need to adjust much less with LA80 than SR7.
  19. Caspartine

It's not a feeling, If you check some vids, it's pretty obvious while shooting targets 300m away. 50m/s really matters. I'm using M77-B, which is another -50 compared to SR-7. My shots look like if I was throwing rocks, while the LA80 looks like almost a direct shot. The gun is a beast.