[Question for Wrel] Building hexes do not work as intended.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RiP0k, May 12, 2022.

1. RiP0k

None of the allies try to defend this hex from any base, and leave for other battles.
    So why build at all?

Maybe DEV will explain to me the purpose of this construction system...

Wrel, explain for construction. What is it for?
    [IMG]
  2. RabidIBM

Wrel doesn't like the construction system, but removing it would mean refunds which aren't going to happen. So, instead he neglects it and sometimes adds new things which kill it without adding any counter.

Well, that's not entirely correct, he likes it for one thing: He can take unfinished sections of continents and say "They're not unfinished, they're construction areas!".
    • Up x 2
  3. RiP0k

I hope Wrel will answer something about construction someday.
    But he could remove the building system itself, leaving ANT and powering the dev bases from Cortium.
    In this case, you just need to return the DBC for 2 items, and for all other certs. I guess it's not that hard, especially when you hate this system.
  4. RabidIBM

It would be harder than that, some people (like myself) purchased the buildings themselves with real money. That's more than $50 per player who did that which would need to be refunded and there's no way he gets approval for that, which it wouldn't surprise me if he had asked.

Instead construction has joined the sections of the game where, like many older games, the role of content and patch notes are reversed. When all is healthy a game is developed and patch notes are released to describe what was done. When things are going poorly marketing dictates what patch notes are needed and "content" is created to serve the patch notes.

Example, it's been too long since we said/did anything about construction, we need to declare a construction overhaul in the patch notes ... ... ... scramble the console?
  5. Tycoh

It really is heartbreaking to see avid construction players putting so much effort into their bases (A fair amount of them are pretty well built considering the current limitations/lack of proper building tools) only to be crushed in mere minutes because there's no incentive to defend the base and no reliable reinforcement mechanic that can redirect the flow of players to your base if needed.
    • Up x 2
  6. RiP0k

It's much sadder to see updates in the form of a user interface or a new map for Outfit Wars, when building does not make any sense other than how to dispose of a huge amount of certificates and time, without positive emotions.
    As for me, DEV doesn't prioritize very well. And I don't know if it's because they really hate the construction system (even though it might have more strategy and tactics) or if they really don't see the current state of the system.
    The Construction System could bring back those battles on lands between hexes. What will change the same type of gameplay in the style of mixing at the base and U or J after capturing or losing the base. Or everything is really normal in the current state of the game, and I got it into my head that in 2014 the game was much more epic and more interesting than now.