Question for Waterson TR.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fox234, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Fox234

After being forced to play TR by friends I feel I should ask a question.

What do you think your strengths as a faction are?
  2. LT_Latency

We are meh, right now.

Our ES weapons got nerfed to hard.
    Our Weapons are all too similar.

We have the pounders which are pretty good and that about it right now.
  3. Doranthis

Tactical superiority.
  4. Fox234

I ask because in the last week I have witnessed 4 disturbing trends.

1) TR refuse to use the armor they pull. When 5 VS tanks push 15 TR tanks that becomes a problem. Also what is the point of spawning 20 tanks and Mossies to a Biolab that has already pushed indoors?

2) Medics are rare, true medics are even rarer.

3) Instead of over-poping 1 cont the TR spread themselves across all 3 and end up being the middle child the VS and NC beat on.

4) Slow to no response to deal with MAXes. Yes, the NC MAX is straight OP, but why not meet MAX crash with MAX crash? Or at very least rocket launchers and AV turrets.
  5. asdfPanda

Despite what other people say, our carbines are pretty good. We may not have the variety that NC have, but damn, Jaguar, Trac-5, Lynx, and T5 AMC are really good. Anybody who can't handle the recoil are *******.

Our assault rifles are quite good as well; the SABR-13 being quite capable where the TAR and TRV can't excel. TAR and TRV chew up targets up to 50-60m though.

LMGs might need a little help, but otherwise, TR are sitting well as a faction.
  6. TheBloodEagle

Masters of tactical retreats.
  7. Tommyp2006

I ummm.... Hmmm... Uhhhh......eerrrrrr.....

Our assault rifles are pretty good, and our tank can farm infantry pretty good. That's about all I've got.
    • Up x 1
  8. RainbowDashC22

As a Faction? Nothing. Very rarely do groups actually work together. Usually it's everyone following one big Zerg going from base to base throwing themselves at the enemies to try and clog the enemy guns with their blood and body parts.

Or small Outfits, like C22, getting on once in a while and making the NC and VS sit up and actually work hard for once to defend a base or try to take one the small outfits are guarding.
  9. Slavek

Speed, The red uns go fasta! No, I'm being honest, the Reaver and Vanguard would look sexy in Red and Black.
  10. Fox234

I have to agree. The T5 AMC is by far my favorite carbine. With just a few attachments you can almost remove the recoil entirely.

The SABR-13 is fun, and makes a great stealth weapon. The Cycler TRV took more getting used to however.

LMGs don't bother me because I love the MCG. It is nowhere near as good at what its supposed to do as the Jackhammer, but I can take care of business with it.
  11. Accuser

The Pounders are OP at close range, but it's nowhere near as good at killing enemy Sunderers as the NC Falcons.
    Everything else which is TR specific is either average or underpowered. This leaves players with literally no reason to choose TR over another faction.

The Striker is broken, and worse than the Annihilator in every situation.
    The Marauder is worse than the Fury in every situation.
    The Vulcan is worse than the Halberd in every situation.
    The MCG is not better than another weapon in any situation (read that carefully please).
    The Mosquito is reasonably balanced, though the Scythe has been shown to be a better 1v1 dogfighter.
    The Prowler seems to be a matter of taste. Most people prefer the "in your face" style that the Vanguard permits. However, it does offer better anti-Sunderer performance for the patient user.
    TR assault rifles, LMGs and carbines are "well balanced" but not interesting. Whereas the VS has LMGs that offer a unique 0.75x ADS movement modifier.
    MAX lockdown has always been as worthless as ZOE is now, whereas the NC's shield is viable.
  12. Paisty

We got OP NS weapons.

Oh.........wait........
  13. Fox234

Well I hope SOE does something for the TR. Idk what can really be done about Waterson TR. In this week or so I've witnessed,

15 TR tanks get bullied by 5 VS tanks.

20 Prowlers driving in circles around a Biolab while we're losing the Biolab.

The zerg get decimated by 3-5 Scatt MAXes.

Trash talk while losing.

Complete failure for armor to push on anything stronger than a snow cone stand.

Parking Sundy buses in complete open while having stock turrets and a b*tchin paint job.

Refusing to roll medics.

Spreading themselves way too thin in both world and cont pop.

Alert abandonment. (Abandoning a cont for an alert you have no hope of winning)

Every faction has instances of all of this, but I've never seen it done on such a large scale before. Maybe its because I've been gone for so long. Maybe I should spend time elsewhere and see if its just common now. Or maybe I was spoiled by large outfit tactics. On the same note I have seen some impressive fighting from TR. I've seen 5-6 people push out enemy forces 3x their size. I've seen the TR take it from both the NC and VS at the same time and hold both at bay. So with the bad there is some good. I've just frustrated that my time on the TR boils down to either following the zerg and watching gross incompetence and the 4th faction cost us a map, or ghost capping bases and fighting the same 4 or 5 enemies every time.
  14. StayFrostyGents

None, we don't have a specific trait that is not outclassed by another faction. The weps are the worst of all factions.

A vast majority of the veteran TR simply up and left. Myself included. Whats the point of playing when everything you have is outclassed by others. All TR guns are pretty much nerf shooters. Logging on recently I joined a platoon. They were pretty much all new to the game with little to no experience.

When the Jaguar was nerfed into the ground i quit. As a main engineer it was the only gun that stood toe to toe of the other factions. The only decent carbine we have access to is the NS one now.

Gunplay in this game is terrible as it is. Guns like the AMR-66 are glorified nerf guns with ridiculous bullet drop and minimal damage. I'd rather play a game that rewards skill.

As soe is concerned the TR are a glorified punching bag that they could not give a **** about imho.

All in all it's amounted to the largest population imbalance ever seen in the game as veterans like me say fk it and move on to games without imposed handicaps.

Could you imagine if they halfed the vanguards shield? ha, they did that to lockdowns stats for the prowler. Not like we already didnt have a viable AV secondary at range or anything.

**** the Dev's they really don't have a clue how to manage balance in this game.
    • Up x 2
  15. Paisty

OP I'll go over a couple things in your last post.

1. The 15 TR tanks running from 5 VS tanks and the 20 Prowlers circling the biolab.

They are playing TDM. Nothing more to it, there are many people of all 3 factions that never play the objectives and only log in to play a TDM game. Most of them TDM in PS2 to farm people playing for the objective, because they get owned when playing actual TDM/DM games. Ugly truth but it is true.

2. The zerg get decimated by 3-5 Scatt MAXes.

Most of the time this is the same as #1. But realistically scatt maxes are borderline OP in CQC and if played properly kill the enemies before they can even be spotted, terrible NC maxes walk out in the open and die. The bad news is scatt maxes are getting a mobility buff. lol

3. Parking Sundy buses in complete open while having stock turrets and a b*tchin paint job.

Some bases have a ****** no deploy zone and the open spot is the only place to deploy. Other times the driver is trying to farm points and deploys in a terrible spot in order to deploy before the guy properly placing his sundy can get into position. Yes we have some peeps that are only on our team because they are required to pick a faction at log in.

As for the default weapons on sundies, Basies are the best weapon you can put on a sundy since they were buffed in Dec.

4. Spreading themselves way too thin in both world and cont pop.

Myself and most of the peeps in my outfit prefer at least semi even fights. once one side gets to 60% pop in a territory the fight is usually over. If I wanted to run with the zerg I would log into my NC character. Although some PS2 bases require a massive overpop to take. aka Indar Excavation and the disaster south of it. Or any NC owned biolab.

As far as alerts go, I have no idea what your trying to say there but, TR does win it's share of alerts on Waterson.

Realistically things will not get better without our ES weapons being made useful. Presently most of our best weapons are NS.

SOE also needs to make this game about taking territory and objectives instead of the present situation where players are better rewarded for playing the game as a TDM match.

Last year at this time, holding/taking a continent was an accomplishment that every player would attempt to do every night, just for bragging rights. The change from 100% to 70%(or whatever it is) territory control for a cont lock/unlock destroyed this game worse than the amount of broken systems when 2000 players (yes the cont pop cap used to be 2000 players / 3 factions)piled into to 2 neighboring territories. Since that change the player bases attitudes towards territory control and any sense of epic fights have simply evaporated.
  16. K2k4

Wow I came into this thread expecting to read a bunch of NC or VS flamers complaining how TR is OP. But after reading a few of these posts I'm inclined to agree with those who are saying the TR has no advantage anywhere. Interesting. Personally I haven't seen a lot of issues with gameplay since PU02's huge TR nerfs. But after thinking about it, those nerfs didn't put us on even ground at all.

They RUINED the Marauder. By lowering the damage and removing the ability to harm armor, it IS worse than the fury in every way except mag size.

They RUINED the Vulcan. It was powerful on Harassers. All you needed to do was lower the survivability of the harasser a little, instead they did a total gut job to all versions of the Vulcan, the harasser's everything, and then completely ****** up the prowler with this change, as Vulcan used to be the best prowler secondary weapon and is now the worst.

They RUINED the Striker. Sure lock-ons are OP when they do more damage OVER 5 SHOTS than other lock-ons. All they needed to do was adjust the lock on time and missile speed, but no, lets nerf the damage and make lock on impossible to maintain long enough for all the missiles to hit target. So many people paid $7.00 for this item, now it's worse than the annihilator for anti air and anti-ground.

They RUINED lockdown. I believe the patch notes said it was 'too easy to hit air units' and that's why they nerfed the projectile speed increases. **** that. Of course the prowler was hitting air targets, it sacrificed all mobility to be able to do it. That's the trade off, you turn your prowler into a glorified turret with limited ammo and in return you can fire farther, faster, and more often. This and nerfing prowler's close range defense (Vulcan/marauder) and you've pretty much gutted the prowler.

They RUINED harassers (which many TR players pulled often). Of course we pulled it more often than the other two factions before. We had the best AV against them (striker) we had the best offensive weapon (Vulcan) and the best AI weapon (Marauder). But those were nerfed too. Why nerf both? It would have been easy to adjust some things slightly but they went over the top with the nerfs and instead gutted the harasser stats, made it impossible to effectively repair on the go, made it too weak to all types of fire, even with maximum rank armor. Seriously why would you do this SOE? The Harasser was the only FUN vehicle, it required multiple people to even be effective, and instead of acknowledging this they nerfed it into the ground. Now it's not fun, especially to TR who are better off using the default weapon or the halberd than their empire specific stuff.

They RUINED the Jaguar. Just remove horizontal recoil from everything already. That crap isn't fun. Want to create interesting gameplay, have the weapon pull a different direction each time you fire, give a visual indicator as to the direction the recoil pattern is pulling, and have people compensate from there, no more random horizontal recoil that is impossible to control. Who cares if our weapons have the highest DPS if we aren't hitting the target we aren't doing the DPS.

TLDR I say that the TR got nerfed too hard.
  17. PurpleOtter

ANSWER: We impress the Brass...
  18. oberchingus

Which Server are you playing on?

Because ultimately I think the player-base dictates the kind of opposition you'll face. The TR stuff has been greatly nerfed, but in the hands of people who know what they are doing and care to do it well, it doesn't matter what faction you're playing.