[Question] Can you build a Flail and a Glaive in the same base?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luicanus, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Kristan

That makes sense, but not with the current damage and splash of Flail. Wider area would be nightmarish for infantry. I can't tell how much shells does it take to kill a player, when I stood on the dart it took like first two shells to kill me. But I'm not certain. If shells could oneshot infantry and they would be wider apart that would mean larger cover area - more dead people.
  2. Luicanus

Touche, that might be a problem, although I'm also not sure if a single shot is able to OHK infantry (possibly on a direct hit?). Besides, all bases have at least some buildings, walls, rocks, etc that would serve as barriers to protect infantry from these randomly falling shells.

Thus, I'd still argue that even with their current splash size and a OHK on direct hits a volley every 90 seconds or so with no accuracy beyond falling inside a 30m-40m diameter circle would be far less harmful to infantry than HESH Python sitting on a hillside repeat firing into doorways and windows every three seconds.
  3. LtBomber

If possible, i would:

Flail:
    • Allow it to fire everywhere
    • Remove warning at all
    • Increase ROF and shell speed
    • lower the damage signifaicantly, no more 1 hit Kills, maybe only 1 shell at a time
    • add concussion effect
    • limit ammo to 12 shells heatbased with RoF of 1 shot every 5 sec and cooldown of 10 seconds per shell
    This would make the targeter more active to coninously replace has shots

Glaive:
    • Fire everywhere
    • Add EMP effect
    • Almost no damage, but to skyshield
    The carrier of a target device of any kind should have a special icon upon beeing spotted
  4. Luicanus

Honestly, while I like your idea regarding the Flail, I don't see why we couldn't have that be an additional type of artillery, I've tinkered with a few artillery ideas on spreadsheets from, airburst cluster munitions, Flash, EMP and Concussion varients and a drone strike system that calls in a small UAV o target a specific area, rocket barrages, etc. There are a lot of options they could explore.
  5. Luicanus

Can you answer another question?

How does the flail measure up against the Bastion?