[question] Auraxium on Striker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LowTechKiller, Aug 20, 2013.

1. LowTechKiller

I'm just curious...how many players have actually earned the Auraxium medal on the hated and evil Striker.:eek:
  2. IamDH

Every single terran
    • Up x 9
  3. Chipay

Probably not many, since a vehicle kill doesn't count and most pilots willl jump out of their plane to deny the kill (this still is a problem for medals since the suicide kill doesn't count towards any weapon kills for medals)
  4. KAHR-Alpha

7063 missiles fired, 154 kills... might take a while to get the auraxium on it.
  5. Kaale

5048 Missles Fired, 110 Kills..
  6. KAHR-Alpha

Hardly enough to do some real statistics, but it's amusing to see that 5048/110=45.89, and 7063/154=45.86 .
  7. CrashB111

Probably only a couple of individuals have it.

Since the Striker is a team weapon you don't very many killing blows with it, assists though, you get those all the time.
  8. Mxiter

11320 shots. 11320 /205=55.21 shots per kills with 72% accuracy.
    It's hard to really get live efficienct beacuase of vehicles bailing. Destoying 1100+ vehicles with the pilot is also pretty long to do.
    • Up x 1
  9. Cinnamon

Got it day one. 167 kills, 8478 fired.
  10. Kaale

72% accuracy here as well. Needs a Buff if you ask me especially as it's meant to shoot through walls and be completely unavoidable. ;)
    • Up x 3
  11. KAHR-Alpha

Looks like everyone needs more or less 10 whole clips per kill. Yeah, Auraxium will take a while...
  12. xluryan

2082 shots fired, 49 kills => 42.49 shots per kill (lower is better).

I'm glad we're getting this out so that all the VScrubs and NanCies can see that's it's not quite as OP as they think.

42 rockets, for a single kill.
    • Up x 2
  13. WaiZen

Hell, do you really think I'm gonna sit in my vehicles while I get striker'd ?
    Using kills to monitor strikers performance is just wrong. Compare it to number of vehicle destroyed and we may discuss.
    • Up x 1
  14. cyb_

4,328 shots, 2,850 hits, 67 kills, 66% accuracy .
    65 shots per kill, damn this thing is OP ...

I would really like to see some global statistics of the striker.
  15. KAHR-Alpha

From PS2-stats.com, fire count: 20762313 , destroyed vehicles: 576536
    20762313/576536=36.012, that's still 7 clips per vehicle.
    • Up x 1
  16. xluryan

See, you're one of the competent pilots who actually leaves when they get locked onto. I'll be you don't rage all over this forum yelling that it's OP either, do you?

The Striker should be viewed as a different form of Skyguard. You take some damage, so you leave the area, repair, and come back.
    • Up x 1
  17. WaiZen

Cool down. All I said was that, using kills to see the performance of the striker is a bad idea.
  18. Chipay

Your comparison is stupid, allow me to explain you why:

On average, it takes 55 rockets from the striker to kill one infantry unit.

On average, it takes 2468 shots from the ScatterCannon to kill a Vehicle.

I've compared these 2 weapons in roles that they aren't supposed to used in (and mostly don't work in), and if we compare these numbers, then you can see that the Striker is massively OP. WHY can't my Dual ScatterCannon kill Prowler in 55 hits? FFS Nerf the Striker it's OP versus infantry.

Also, you know what is REALLY funny? The Lancer, a dumbfire rocket Launcher that CAN kill infantry if it wants to, needs on average 52 shots to kill infantry. A DUMBFIRE rocket kills is comparable to a LOCK ON ONLY weapon in infantry kills, that's crazy!1!ONEONE!!1!

OH WAIT, no it isn't. Because both the Lancer and Striker aren't made to kill infantry, they're supposed to kill TANKS and AIRCRAFT, and both tanks and aircraft pilots will (try to) jump out of their vehicle when it dies, resulting in no kills at all for the striker or lancer.
    • Up x 2
  19. LowTechKiller

That's what I thought.
    My fire count is 5286 and my kills are only 88.
    Very interesting...
  20. Tommyp2006

3489 shots fired, 77 kills. 67% accuracy. This is gonna take a while...