Question as to why certain players send so many hate tells?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SNAFUS, Jun 12, 2014.

1. DFDelta

I actually thank people who send me rage tells, especially if there is the word "cheater" or "hacker" in there somewhere.
    I mean seriously, how good must I seem to them if they think I must be hacking to achieve that.

"There is no better compliment then to be falsely accused of cheating."
    My brother used to say this when he was banned from yet another Quake Live server for being too good.

If its just angrish I usually ignore it, or try to give them unwanted lessons on what they did wrong.
    Makes them rage even more and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I send a lot of tells to enemies myself, but they are usually friendly banter.
    "Haha, gotcha^^" when I found a stalker of whom I know has been sitting there a while, or congratulating someone for an awesome shot, or making fun of shotgun LAs after I've killed them about 4 times with my carbine without them having a real chance to fight back "you should try a real weapon :p".
    • Up x 1
  2. FaLI3N

I love getting hate tells, means I am doing well.
    • Up x 2
  3. VonStalin

I don't know about you, but woodman server in EU is very polite..
    I have played BF4 once.. In one hour I have heard so many things what they have done with my mother that I have never heard playing planetside entire time..
  4. DQCraze

You're a pilot hello, in case you haven't noticed the entire community hates you. You picked a vehicle that is easy mode, you pick off people with overwhelming force, you're using a howitzer to take out 1 infantry. Don't post rhetorical questions on here please, there is enough drama.
    • Up x 2
  5. SNAFUS

I can give you quite a few infantry players and outfits that acquire much more hate then I could, far from a pilot only situation.
  6. Obstruction

"The Online Disinhibition Effect"

try this article: http://truecenterpublishing.com/psycyber/disinhibit.html

it outlines some research from the last ten years or so, of how the anonymity of the internet/online play affects certain of our hardwired or enculturated social behaviors. read also: how and why people troll. there's also some basic child psychology to it, where the basic emotional reaction involved is psychological revenge, i.e. "i'm feeling bad about myself, i want you to feel bad about yourself." whether it works on the target, especially after hundreds or thousands of unique instances is immaterial to the rageteller, they are operating on about a 6 year old level. many grow out of it, but some do not, as with a lot of behaviors online and IRL.

often enough there is a level of irony to the hate instinct. very very often the things that the rager says are projections of things they dislike in themselves, or direct accusations of traits the rager themselves holds. this is because again, of the impossibility to know anything about the other player due to anonymity, and the reflexivity of the childlike reaction.

so when someone calls you a "fat f*cking c*nt loser, no life basement dweller" or some other such, it is quite likely that they themselves are overweight and feel like they don't have "a life" or close friends. it is also likely that someone in their life berates them with similar words and they are acting out as a way to cope with that abuse by inflicting it on others. also a common behavior, that the worst bullies are or were themselves abused.

in the end i just ignore tells like this and feel sorry for the person sending them.
  7. Yuki10

No kidding right? Farming infantry with banshe or pods and then complaining about receiving tells. Poor you.
  8. SNAFUS

No complaints as I get a kick out of the anger some of these people feel over this game. Simply was curious to know what they were trying to achieve by their rants as all it does is feed the ego of the person you are QQing to.
  9. DFDelta

Personally I prefer the GIFT.

[IMG]

EDIT:
    Hope that pic works, got 2 broken ones before :eek:
  10. BillHaverchuck

The only time I was going to write a hate tell and I didnt I just logged out was when I was killed by a liberator. Ok its early in the morning and the population in the game is very low. There are only 2 12-24 battles across INDAR. I am really trying to have fun and pass time because I am travelling in a few hours and I dont want to fall asleep. So I pick up a battle against VS at a 3-point base, Mostly infantry 2-3 tanks from each side. FUN NEVER ENDING BATTLE, we kept blowing sundies and capping points and the VS kept bringing sundies and getting back the points.

10 minutes deep in battle a VS lib appears and starts slaughtering us after destroying the AA turrets. I regionsay pull AA. I pick up my hawk Launcher and start shooting. To my awe me and only another guy pull AA and we get easily slaughtered by either the lib or the enemy infantry. No matter what we did we had to pay attentio both to air and ground all the time while the lib if it would receive a few rockets it would hide, repair and return. It wasnt fun at all. Most people relocate and we are heavily outnumbered so I relocate.

So I redeploy to defend The Crown from TR. A nice battle we even save the crown in the last second. Long story short the same Lib with two scythes now appears. Kill everything and everyone logs out. I even remember trying to get at them with ESF and what happens? I get shot down by both mosquitos and scythes before reaching the crown.

good job Lib Pilot. Spoiling the only 2 battles in the whole server hours after midnight.
  11. ViXeN

I'll usually do that too right after I screenshot the rage tell for a future edition of Rageholics. :eek: But if the person is particularly obnoxious, I will sometimes mock them just to make them even more angry. The angrier they get the more screenshots I have.... :D
  12. EViLMinD

The other day a Mossie pilot rage telled me because I shot him down with an aa turret. He was critical of my BR and usage of that particular weapon. What a tool.

If I see enemy air and I'm only meters from a turret - I'm gunnin' up.

Then, I will fly out.

Just because something is free and effective, doesn't mean it's taboo to use. Who declares this nonsense anyway?

Why care what someone uses? To those people, I say sthu and look for counters... or just accept it. Adapt. Do the best you can. Just don't cry to the bad man who shot you. Everyone gets killed. Not everyone is of equal skill/connection/fps. Accept this. Restart, Try again.
    • Up x 1
  13. Yuki10

Who cares about what someone else uses? Looks like an entire forum here. Look at whiners who cry about Coyotes, lock-ons, dalttons and tank busters....

Oh, you are in ESF, you can't use coyotes or A2A locksons, just use nose gun
    Oh, you are heavy - you can't use locks or dumbfires, just club people with a pistol handle and no over-shield
    Oh, you are a sniper - cheez and hax for sniper riles and cloacking
    Oh, you are in a tank shooting infrantry - just....just... you just suck, haxors, noob!
    • Up x 1