Question about team damage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Beerstein, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Beerstein

I'm fairly new, just curious exactly how it works. As a new player I inevitably get a little here and there while slowly improving but in one case most my team was spawning at my sunderer and when it blew up it took something like 5 or so guys with it and I got an extra special warning, surprised I got credited for "team damage" just because my sunderer blew up on the guys huddled around it. Just wondering exactly how it works and what kind of punishment is handed out.
  2. Zaik

there's several warnings about it. Once you pass the "final warning", which mentions it's the final warning, you'll get weapon locked for like 2 minutes if you keep friendly firing. You basically can't do anything except drop ammo until it ends. Multiple weapon locks within short periods of time will add up to longer and longer times, I don't know how long it takes to reset though.

Unfortunately vehicle explosions can count as team damage sometimes rather than enemy damage. Kill credit seems to be a bit buggy again, though not nearly as bad as it was last time when you could shoot at a flaming tank or galaxy with a pistol and get kill credit for it even though you did no damage.
  3. SharpLight

Don't worry about it there is no "punishment"
  4. Neopopulas

Even with the lasher i've never even got CLOSE to being locked. Its really hard to get locked so don't worry too much, it doesn't do much.
  5. PsychoBat

Yeah, there are still a couple of bugs in the system (getting friendly fire warnings with blown generators and exploding vehicles) but other than that, don't worry about it too much. It's pretty hard to get a complete weapons lock when not intentionally killing teammates.
  6. Beerstein

Okay thanks guys, I was a bit worried when I got a message for uncontrolled team damage just because an enemy blew up my sunderer on allies, I felt like I was gonna get banned or something for allies using my sunderer, I hope they change the team damage for vehicles blowing up on allies. Your posts definitely helped ease my mind though back to happy times placing sunderers at key locations, one of the few ways I can feel useful as a newb :)
  7. hunder

hard ? just try to drive a mag
    • Up x 1
  8. Neopopulas

I drive Mags all the time, is it because you run people over? You do have to be careful about that, and turning. Mags tend to turn on the spot and they are very long, longer than they seem.