Question about getting my first gun

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by EliptiK, Dec 1, 2012.

1. EliptiK

I just started playing this game today and i was wondering about which gun to get first. i have enough for the xm98 but im wondering if its worth just saving up and getting the ghost instead?
  2. Neoxide

xm98 is the way to go. I would save up for the v10 but the xm98 is like a v10 without the projectile velocity. I'm very happy I bought the xm98 as it made sniping actually enjoyable.

My outfit mate bought a ghost and said it was terrible.
    • Up x 2
  3. EliptiK

koo thats kinda what i was hoping. thank you sir!
  4. Sphinx

XM98 is good to start , and I recommend getting extra ammo belt and proximity mine and Sunderer upgrade to deploy before even considering V10. The difference is minimal compare to the 900 certs difference. You can always try different snipers when they are on trials to see how you like different game style,but xm98 is a very good start. I recommend x10 if you want to shoot from very far, x4 if you want to be closer and have no bulletdrop. Feel free to PM me if you need more questions answered ;)
    • Up x 1
  5. EliptiK

Does any one faction have stronger long range snipers then others? cuz i got that xm98 and im getting a lot of solid hits from far out but im not getting a lot of kills. even when im pretty sure theyre head shots.
  6. Sphinx

Headshots would kill instantly. And you get extra Xp for doing an HS. So you might wanna aim a tiny bit higher to hit the head. You might be getting bulletdrop from very far. After a while you'll get the feeling.

I don't think VANU has the best snipers, but in the end, if you're good at aiming and sneaking, the difference doesn't matter much. I know that NC seems to have the best first sniper when starting. Huge difference in damage, you can check other threads , there's a video showing the dmg / reload speed / and time it takes to empty a clip.
  7. Echelonex

Yes, other faction snipers are pretty OP comparing them to Vanu...
  8. Raines

The thing to remember with VS is although we don't have bullet drop, we do have diminishing damage with distance.

So a long range hit from the TR/NC is harder to land, but hits just as hard... for the VS its 'easier' to land but doesn't hit as hard. But you are only talking margins and fractions here. TR/NC just aim a little higher, and VS aim straight and just go a couple of steps closer.

But as you saw from the above clip... you can do wonders with infiltrator in the right hands... that level of gameplay is something I'm still aiming for.

I've tried all three sniper rifles. It boils down to personal taste an what suits you.

I have access to the default (obviously) VA39 Spectre, the V10, and the Ghost.
    Personally I found the V10 good for long distance work... particularly on Esmir... where I have to reach out and tap others at a distance. I foolishly spent 100 certs and got the x12 scope... no need for that. (Now I'm saving for the second slot of proximity mine)

The Ghost really needs a scope if you are going to do any sort of sniping work, and they are 30 certs each. I haven't really used it... only I wasn't impressed with it.

I've just unlocked my 3rd loadout slot so I've taken to putting my VA-39 Spectre in there.... and you know... personally I like it, yes, it takes several shots but I can get them off faster then the V10 can. I now take it when we go base capping on Indar. I don't really need the long range and I need rapid shots..

Really it comes down to personal taste.