[Suggestion] Put the Grip Attachment In the Correct Spot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Skooma Lord, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Skooma Lord

Please can the weapon models be updated so the grip attachment goes on the correct spot. The grip attachment is supposed to go on the bottom rail but on many weapons it is just "glued" to the front handle part or handguard. I know that there are many more important problems to be fixed, but this just bothers me and just doesn't make the weapons look right. I know it is a small detail but it is annoying that over a year has passed and this still exists. Many weapons on all 3 factions have this problem.

Here is an image of what I mean:
    [IMG]
    It is more noticeable on the AC-X11 but I can't find an image of that right now.
    Thanks for reading.
    • Up x 23
  2. Skooma Lord

3. DonumVitae

Agreed. I'd also like to see NC snipers fixed. The muzzles seem to always look like they are pointing down. I realize its the lighting effect, but I believe they could fix that, and properly size the gun so it doesn't do that.
    • Up x 2
  4. Skooma Lord

Small changes like that can make the "feel" of the weapon better and overall make the game better.
    • Up x 3
  5. RubiksCubix

Good idea.

I would like to see more hud details like this ironed out.
  6. MCSquard

my guess for the glue use is that it ment that they merely had to rotate the hand model instead of moving it when the guns equipped hence saving some time on animation work , that said i doubt it would really help putting a bar where your hand would normal be so ya fix this.
  7. Skooma Lord

8. Stray Cat

Three things I want to see grips on:

1. Grenades. A grip on a grenade would allow you to throw it much farther.
    2. Mosquito. A grip on the underside of the fuselage would grant a passenger the ability to latch on for a ride.
    3. Grip. Let me explain.
    If you can extend a grip with several more grips, you can build a tripod. Imagine the amount of control you could have if you put your secondary on a tripod, you'd be doing headshots from 700m.

I love beer!
    I love beer!
    I love beer!
    You should too. This is serious.
    • Up x 9
  9. cruczi

How can you claim to know where the grip attachment is supposed to go in weapons 800 years in the future?
  10. z1967

Because shooting a gun with the grip in that position is more counter-productive than it should be. Logic and comfort guides where the grip should probably go.
    • Up x 8
  11. cruczi

How can you claim to know what is comfortable to a human 800 years in the future
  12. z1967

I assume that they haven't grown to massive proportions and that jamming my hand in between the magazine and the grip is in no way comfortable to anyone. Just a guess, but I do think that foregrip attachment locations can be moved around to look a bit more, comfortable.
    • Up x 5
  13. BobSanders123

I question the fact that weapons 800 years in the future shoot slowly than the PPSh from WORLD WAR 2. And also the fact that the fastest tank in the game can't even go faster than a hybrid driving uphill. Also the fact we are still using glass cockpits.
    • Up x 7
  14. cruczi

Heheh... all those things are more strikingly out of place than foregrip placement, and that's just the tip of the ice berg
    • Up x 2
  15. John_Aitc

800 years in the future, humans will have grown a third longer appendage known as the "Selfie" arm.

@OP, that grip placement doesn't look too bad for a tactical gun like the ones that are used when breaching a building for CQC IRL.
    • Up x 5
  16. Skooma Lord

Some people misunderstood what I meant, I think. What I meant was that on many weapons the grip attachment goes in the same spot even if there is a hand-guard there.
    The hand-guard is where someone holds the gun if they don't have a vertical forward grip. The Razor GD-23's hand-guard can be mistaken for an attachment rail. The wrong grip placement on the AC-X11 and its look-a-likes is most noticeable. I think this would be an easy fix for the PS2 team.

Here is an image with more detail showing some other weapons that have this problem:
    [IMG]
    Thanks for reading/replying.
    • Up x 2
  17. RubiksCubix

Oh, I see what you are saying. That isn't a rail at all!

Btw pic wouldn't post
    • Up x 1
  18. cruczi

800 years into the future, the hand guard doubles as an attachment rail
    • Up x 1
  19. Skooma Lord

:eek: bump
    • Up x 1
  20. Skooma Lord