Put the ES back in my ESF (special abilities)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Sep 11, 2014.

1. NinjaTurtle

So I am of the opinion that faction differences should be expanded upon not encroached upon by the NS monopoly.

The Valkyrie whilst cool and a nice addition to the game just made the factions that little bit more the same.

Can we at least with the ES elements make them ES. Both the other 2 ES options MBT and MAX have their own unique abilities.... why not the ESF?!?!?!?!?!?!

This is a tread where I am going to throw out some silly ideas that are going to get people going that is OP, OP is stupid, but in the process hopefully create some interesting discussion as to what abilities each ESF should have passive and activatable.

Reaver
    Passive:
    33% more effective health, stronger air brakes
    Activatable:
    Resist Shield: Take 50% less damage over 6 seconds (OMG flying Manguard burn it with fire)

Mosquito
    Passive:
    33% higher afterburner speed, 10% higher cruising speed

Activatable:
    Afterburners use no fuel for 6 seconds

Scythe
    Passive:
    Heat mechanic ammo, 33% more agility, sharper turning, ability to hover like galaxy

Activatable:
    Warp cell: Short range teleport (Jump 30m in the direction you are facing instantly)

I have not put any mathematical thought into the abilities though I am certain they could be balanced. I have just thrown them out as rough ideas for you to all shout at me for
    • Up x 2
  2. Alan Kalane

Hell No you're drunk???!!
    Reaver is the Afterburner aircraft! if you gave Mossie better afterburners you could just as well take away reavers huge hitbox...It wouldn't be the Reaver without the best Afterburner and largest hitbox
    • Up x 1
  3. NinjaTurtle

I always thought of the TR being the fast get in get out, dakka dakka faction.

I always thought of NC being the higher damage dealers and receivers

VS just look pretty

I'm also not drunk.... high on caffeine maybe :D
  4. Alan Kalane

Mossie is the fastest ESF in terms of cruise speed. Reaver is faster when it uses afterburners.
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

Considering all ESFs can stop almost instantly with the analog throttle key, I don't see the advantage of giving one ESF "stronger air brake"
  6. Moody One

this would play merry hell with the client - it already has problems with infantry teleports, I imagine attempting to process the micro warping would break it even further...

How about a Cloak? its sufficiently "High Tech" to meet Vanu standards and should be easy to balance (Can't shoot or use afterburners while cloaked - more visible the faster you are moving etc)
    • Up x 2
  7. Alan Kalane

Hell no?
    Stealth breaks lockons.
    Aircraft+stealth=lockons are useless because you can tap stealth every time someone tries to have a lock on you
    +would be OP compared to the other factions ESF abilities
  8. Lamat

TR needs Mossie lockdown :p

NC needs Reaver shield :eek:

VS Sythe ZOE :eek:
  9. phreec

How to f*** up the airgame in three simple steps.
    • Up x 1
  10. Unclematos7

Air-Down

Reaver Shield

Aerial ZOE

Higby pls.
  11. Kriegson

Here's a brilliant idea!

Instead of criticizing someone trying to add something to the air-game, why don't you suggest something you feel is better? (Rainbows of ignorance !:D~)

Seriously though, you can piss right off if you're going to shoot down someone's idea without even offering something better. For instance:

Mass drivers for NC. Modest idea: Secondary weapon, functions like the ones we breifly had on test.
    Ridiculous idea: Replaces wing and nosegun, requires a brief charging period but fires a massive round with power only slightly below an HEAT round from an MBT.

Wing mounted vulcans for TR. Simple idea: Another secondary but with twice the dakka of your nosegun, albiet with less accuracy.
    Complex idea: Ammo crates that feed into your nosegun, increasing mag size and ammo reserve immensely.

Proper lasher for VS. I mean the BEAM weapon that the lasher is eventually intended to be.
    Simple idea: New nosegun, fires a steady beam of damage but has a relatively short range.
    Complex idea: A massively powerful beam that slows the aircraft as it is fired due to draining energy capacity, has infinite ammo and is limited by heat. Because screw batteries.
    • Up x 3
  12. SeanFree

I'd support a locked down Mossy. That'd be funny as hell.
  13. DatVanuMan

I might actually use the Scythe now...
  14. DatVanuMan

LOGIC! Faq yeah!
  15. iller

I'd like to see ESF's limited to only one Weapon slot.

The Designers have tried everything else in the game to fix "the Alpha Predator"... they even made Libs WTF-O^P against ESF's but that didn't work. It's time for them to just make pilots choose. No more of this constantly shifting meta between Banshees & Pods & Hornets & whatever's next. Get done with it. You don't need 1 weapon that devastates Armor and then another that totally destroys all other Air targets AND infantry with the same ammunition. Keep it at 2 out of 3 target types. Not all 3 at once plus Racer3, Flares, & Afterburners.