Put certs into assault rifle or revive grenade next? Vanu

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Trek4900, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Trek4900

I upgraded medic gun to lvl 6 and the nanite device too.

I'm torn on whether to drop the 400 certs on the rev grenades or should I put some into a gun? I currently have the NS-11 and the H-v45 and pulsar vs1.

I'm thinking of getting the soft ammo, the hs/nv scope 1x and forward drip.

Do I need a barrel attachment?

What is differnce between the hs/nv scope 1x and the v3 holo 3.4x??

For mid to short should I upgrade the hv45 or NS-11?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Ty
  2. Domnonos

Personally I'm currently using the H-V45 with 1x reflex, soft point, and adv. laser, and it's a beast. So I can definitely recommend that, but don't have the NS-11 so can't really compare them :)

The difference between hs/nv scope and the holo 3.4x is that hs/nv is night-vision with 1x zoom and the holo got 3.4x zoom (basically how much you zoom in). Also keep in mind that the hs/ns scope fills the entire screen. (if i remember correctly)
  3. irishroy

i´m NC, and the only thing i can say, is: kill`em, before they`ll kill you. then revive.

sry, but a combatmedic in a group is more important than a HA, for example. a medic can revive dead guys. if the medic is dead, the group can´t survive.
    first i would go lvling the medic to make him better in combat.
    don´t get the revive/heal-nades. they´re not worth it. some people say, they are good, if you get used to them, but they´re bouncing and jumping as hell. and in the time you try to get used to them, you can have blown up millions of tanks :D
    don´t get the rez-nades. go and get some C4 ;)
    C4 is really nice. you can blow up tanks, MAXs, everything you like.
    put some C4 on your flash, rush to the enemys, jump of and click, earn a quadra-kill and take out your assaultrifle, throw a frag-nade ;)

i would get a good rifle to get a real combatmedic.
    don´t get the reznades..^^
  4. alecholman

I played medic a lot, not for VS, but I rarely find myself in situations where the rezz grenades are necessary. Maybe if you're at a sundy that's just been destroyed and you're under heavy fire, but the 50% revive just makes it so your allies get gunned down immediately. That coupled with the 100 infantry resource makes it a rare use, when the lvl6 applicator is all you need.

So either upgrade gun, or save up the 900 certs for double C4
  5. Vortok

Rez nades are situational and a very low priority upgrade, especially as you only get one a spawn (unless you -really- like them and use grenade bandolier). I'm just going to stick with a normal frag for the time being and moved on to certing vehicles and the like. As long as you have one gun kitted out that you're comfortable with you should be good and don't need to rush to kit out all the others. It is a good idea to do though, especially if you're decent about recognizing when to switch your weapon and doing so regularly as the battle changes.

If you don't have double C4, it should be pretty high on the list since you already have max medic gun. Allows you to kill tanks you get the drop on and put a Sunderer down to burning. I even came across a Lib that landed to repair while I was driving in a Flash. Jumped off and C4'd it for easy exp. Personal recommendation is Flak Armor (get it up to 39%, can blow the 1k certs for the last rank later) for the suit slot.
  6. XanderF

Given we are still in a double XP weekend, and the rest grenades are SOOOO expensive at 400 certs while most of the rest of the upgrades you listed are rather cheap (30 certs for any of the 'sights)...I'm going to buck the trend and recommend picking those up, now, while you can pile up certs easier.

As the other posters note, they definitely are situational, no doubt. That said, I don't really find - as a medic - I'm doing my best for my team if I'm in a place where I can easily throw a regular frag grenade into a dense group of enemy soldiers. If I can easily see a big group of enemies...I'm probably about to be dead (which, for other classes, is usually exactly what happens just after throwing a grenade), so I probably should have been hanging back further.

Which means regular grenades for a medic are already situational and of low value...so why not pick up something in that slot that is more unique?

Some situations I've found them very handy:
    - Enemy blows up Sundy, and now you have a pile of dead troops in the area. One rez grenade...*bam*, 8 revives (for 2400 XP at the moment - nearly 10 certs with one throw!)
    - In any spawn camping situation. There is inevitably a pile of bodies right outside your door - if waiting out the spawn timer and just rushing back out, again, the piecemeal nature of the attack lets the enemy keep suppressing you. Instead, as soon as you see a group forming around you inside, toss the res grenade on the pile of bodies outside - the total number of troops now in the area and fighting instead of waiting out respawn timers has frequently been enough to break the enemy camping enough to get a couple guys out and back into the base.
    - You are capping a point with a handful of other guys, and a MAX walks in and starts shooting everyone. Odds are, you are all about to die...but you might kill the MAX. Drop the grenade at your feet! It doesn't ever seen to res *you*, but everyone else in your group - even if they die AFTER you threw the grenade (but before it goes off - it does take a second or two) - will come right back. The MAX won't. (And, hopefully, you have another medic in your group that can then res you)

Sooo...yeah, definitely situational, no question. But if you do find yourself in a situation where it would really be nice to have half your team back in one go...wouldn't you rather have the ability to do that, than not? Your other squad mates can handle situations that need frag grenades...

(Although, FWIW, I would not bother with the heal grenade. You already have an AOE heal, and that one recharges pretty quickly if maxed out, so...duplicate capability, there.)