[Suggestion] Purple

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Arkenbrien, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Arkenbrien

I have been bugged about this for a while now.

The TR's shields are red, because they are the 'red' faction.

The NC's shields are blue, because they are the 'blue' faction.

The VS's shields are cyan/green, but they are the 'purple' faction.

Sure, there are hyper-annoying cyan/green stripes on everything Vanu, but the most striking features of the Vanu are spandex-armour, and purple. What's up with the cyan/green ? :rolleyes:

My suggestion:

MAKE VANU SHIELDS PURPLE!!!!

Really, we need more purple in the game.
    • Up x 87
  2. TheDjLomo

i agree on this one in certain cases the green can look like blue
    • Up x 8
  3. Jaamaw

+1. Lets send this to the guys at Esamir and see what they can cook up for us ;)
    • Up x 4
  4. deggy

I think we need to keep the cyan/green on our armor because, frankly, we'd be impossible to spot at night otherwise. I'm all for the shields being purple, though.
    • Up x 7
  5. Arkenbrien

I think that any camo covers the cyan up, at least on infantry and MBTs, so unless the nights get darker (yes please!), visibility isn't going to be affected. But then, the cyan covers a very small surface area, so in my eyes, I barely see it dusk-dawn anyways.

Three ups. Good so far!

Come on, Vanu, we can do better!

:)
    • Up x 3
  6. ironeddie

Yeah I'd rarther glow purple than green.
    • Up x 2
  7. Henry Pace

LETS GO PURPLE :3
    • Up x 2
  8. NaySayer

If you're gonna commit to purple spandex....

GO ALL OUT!!

PURPLE SHIELDS!!!! <------ See what I did there, I wrote a statement saying purple shields in purple.
    • Up x 8
  9. Satanam

PURPLE SHIELDS FOR VANU, NOW!
    • Up x 5
  10. Arkenbrien

PURPLEPURPLEPURPLEPURPLEPURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 4
  11. Van Dax

I'm a long term vanu and I NEED PURPLE NOAW!!!
    Call Higby pls!
    SOE FIX NOAW!
    • Up x 3
  12. MrNiceGuy

Am I the only one here who keep running toward Vanu Shields gates thinking they're NC? I'm a bit color blind so I can't distinguish Cyan from Blue sometimes. so yes PURPLE SHIELDS
    • Up x 4
  13. TothAval

I am not colorblind but i have the same issue sometims if the surrounding terran is bright like certain spots in indar or
    esamir in general. Not cool if you drive full speed with a tank against a gate shield with enemies on the other side
    and you think - yeah drive by for the win ... wtf... **** - dead, crap.

+1 purple pil..eh shields
    • Up x 2
  14. Kevin12

You don't need to be colorblind for that...
    • Up x 5
  15. Timithos

16. deggy

NERF CYAN SHIELDS, THEY'RE OP!

If I had room in my signature I would totally add this cause to it. But I'm not taking out the Vanu Velociraptor Launcher quote, not yet.
  17. Codex561

Well, vanu shields are the best cover compared to every other one. So in exchange they make em very visible.
  18. Arkenbrien

What? Vanu shields are superior to NC and TR shields? Ummm.... no. They aren't The shields are the same, maybe you just ran up against HAs that got their shield capacity certed up.

And ...

SHAMELESS PURPLE BUMP!!!!
  19. Codex561

\Sheilds are all different
  20. Arkenbrien

PURPLE IS THE BEST! VANU UNITE FOR PURPLE SHIELDS AND PURPLE RANTS!
    • Up x 2