Pump action Shotguns interrupting reload

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by raffa2, Jan 29, 2018.

1. raffa2

There should be a way to interrupt reloading without firing the pellet, like interrupt by pressing the right mouse button while reloading, i found myself in a lot of situations where i had to stop reloading to fire but couldn't because else i would have lost a precious pellet or would have found myself reloading in the middle of a fight.
  2. stalkish

Cant picture a moment where id want to stop my reload, but not want to shoot.

However, as a workaround just do a quick knife swipe.
    Takes less than a second and stops everything.
    • Up x 1
  3. raffa2

Yeah, i considered the knife, but it's not as good as being able to simply stop after the pellet you're inserting.
    Every other video game lets you do that, but this one just makes you stop reloading AND shoot as soon as you stop, which feels a bit alien.

Also stopping your reload is useful if you know enemies are about to come, but don't want to alert them, or want to be ready to shoot, and for a shotgun with instant kills every shot counts so even if your reload isn't complete you're still good.
  4. Demigan

You hear/see someone approaching on the radar for instance and want to be ready to shoot the moment he/you round the corner, but if you do that you have a delay between your pressing the trigger and shooting because you are still reloading. I would love such a feature.
  5. stalkish

Not disagreeing with the implementation was just saying that having used both PAs extensively ive not run into that problem.

If i know theyre coming, radar or sound, the knife swipe works just fine to cancel the reload.
    If i round a corner while reloading (which you shouldnt really be doing) and run into some1, or they round it and run into me, the small shooting delay is non consequential and allows me to aim while my char gets ready to shoot, id say its actualy faster than having to click again once the reload has stopped, unless you have CPU like reflexes.

Id be fine with it working as suggested tho, makes little difference to me.
    Prefer my underbarrel anyway these days.