[Suggestion] Pull Heavy Assaults in line with other classes.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SmallSpoiledBrat, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Shiaari

You can't expect an ambush to be a victory if your target out-guns you, out-tanks you, and then reacts just fast enough to make those two things work against you.

An ambush works by taking advantage of the enemy's failure to react correctly at speed. However, if your opponent doesn't panic, and has a damage AND armor advantage against you... you can't hope to win.

Basically, what's happening is your ambushes aren't really ambushes. You think they're ambushes, but Infiltrator ambushes are so freaking common that they are expected, and dealt with. That's not a game play or balance issue, that's a skill issue.

Here's how it works on my end: I hear a hostile cloaking sound, I start looking for you, and am no longer surprised by you. My weakness is that in haste I aim for center-of-mass, which means if you're aiming at my head I'm not going to make it. You win.

Therefore, it's not necessarily your skill that determines your survival when ambushing a HA. Rather, their blunders, and that's what ambushes are intended to illicit: panic mistakes that sway the fight in your favor. If they don't make those mistakes, having initiative is not a guarantee of a kill. In the case of a Heavy that has a shield that blunts your damage potential you're already beginning that fight at a disadvantage. If they're quick and their aim is good (skill).... you don't stand much of a chance.

It means your aim has got to be that much better, and that's something you can point to when you get good at ambushing Heavies, and say: "I'm one mean dude."