PU01 - Latency Issues

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spartan101, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Spartan101

Now I'm really happy in the FPS upgrade the PU01 gave us, I never really had any issues before, running on a solid 40FPS in major battles and SOE has done a great job so far. But the latest update has introduced a lot of latency issues with people lagging out. Even players i have never known to lag out are doing so, causing game play to be in my opinion, even more jittery than before.

So we've gone from having a few (given the size of the game, this could be hundreds of players) having FPS issues, but still being able to fight somewhat
    Now we've gone to
    Everybody (every now and again) jumping around and being unable to be hit then promptly dieing to damage they didn't know they were receiving, and this is happening to people who usually didn't have any problems, myself included. While this is the extreme end of the lag issue, there are a lot more occurrences of smaller lag spikes.

There is a thread in the technical support section on this but i thought i'd bring one up here and see how many other people are experiencing this issue since the update.
  2. Nocturnal7x

Yea Ive noticed a lot of issues and started several threads on the matter. No one cares apparently :p

I just hope SOE realizes it and fixes it but Im not holding my breath.