[PTS]VS ESSR is another game-breaker like ZOE, please reblance in before on sell

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MEU2, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Copasetic

How do you make a sniper rifle that's fun to use without it being OP or a direct upgrade to an existing rifle? It's no wonder they couldn't come up with any good ideas.
    • Up x 1
  2. Phyr

Who cares about ROF on a BASR? You either kill them or you don't.
  3. Paperlamp

There's no way a sniper rifle will be as imbalanced as ZOE.

I don't think it's a good design though, they're probably going to remove the lack of bullet drop at some point seeing as they deemed it necessary to remove even from slug shotguns.

They really, really should've come up with different faction trait for VS a long time ago, it's been obvious no-bullet-drop was either insignificant or overpowered except on a very small selection of guns.
  4. Bape

NC has the worse it just a longshot 2.0 it not a dam railgun it only does 50 more damage which isn't much unless they make it 850 or something but that not the case. Maybe if they add less sway or longer breath for NC then maybe I will consider buying it but right now I already have a longshot.

Also to OP yes the shade will be the best but I don't think it that OP ..... maybe we will see once it releases.
  5. FaLI3N

I run out of ammo a lot, silenced snipers in a tower attack can easily get headshots on the pad snipers and AV mana cheesers so you don't even need to waste ammo on moving targets and I still run out. A lot of players are fairly clueless and a good position will let you live a long long time.
  6. FlamingSquirrel

Speaking as a TR, this weapon looks pretty well balanced.
    The versatility of a semi-auto/bolt-action hybrid, but with a price.
    Seems fine to me.

What I have a problem with are the looks. Both VS and NC weapons look fantastic, and are pretty well fleshed out. No sign of what TR rifle will be, or what it will look like except it might be a 'super-sabr'. Considering their first idea was 'it's just a bolt action with more rounds in a magazine', I have no doubt that the TR weapon will once again be an afterthought, and look just and crap and bland as the rest of our weapons.
    I expect the firing sound assets for our weapon will just be Highby saying 'pew pew pew' in a bored voice.
    • Up x 2
  7. Chipay

You're getting a hitscan bolt-action sniper rifle with a velocity higher than a fully charged Lancer, that's really not bad at all
    • Up x 2
  8. Strateuo

Yea I said TRs pop would drop, and it continues to do so....Strat is doing the I told you so Dance...LOL
  9. Akeita

Lol all I can see from VS ESSR is :
    - Infinite ammo
    Unless they can :
    - 1 hit body shot max Charge
    - Damage vehicles and MAXes

Altho the NC ESSR should get 100 - 150 dmg more than the Longshot... Velocity should be like 1000 if there is no higher damage ( since they removed shotgun mode )
  10. chrisbeebops

Had this discussion among my outfit mates yesterday. VS ESSR is pretty underwhelming. OH WOW NO BULLET DROP REALLY? Sorry but bullet drop is not that hard to compensate for, for anyone who has been sniping for even a moderate amount of time. "Infinite ammo" isn't a great perk either since if you are in a position where you are surviving long enough to run out of ammo on any other sniper rifle, you can afford to run ammo belt over flak/nanoweave.

In exchange we get fire delay (harder to lead and I have to remain uncloaked as it charges) and low fire rate. Maybe this is useful for shooting engineers off turrets, otherwise it is inferior to other sniper options.

If anything is OP, it is the NC ESSR. Massive velocity (near hitscan speeds), and almost no drop pretty much all the way out to render due to the massive velocity.

A sniper can always learn to compensate for increased bullet drop by aiming slightly higher, but a sniper can never compensate for lower bullet velocity which will result in missed shots due to your target changing direction or speed.
    • Up x 2
  11. kadney

Can somebody make a video from the TR rifle aswell?
    How many bodyshots does the NC rifle need to kill a max unit? And how high is the damage against a MBT's front armor and an ESF ? :eek:
    • Up x 1
  12. Akeita

SOE knew this would happen so they already get ESFs 90% resist against sniper rifle a long time ago :eek:
  13. IamDH

Seems perfect tbh.
  14. ISKNausicaa

800-850 damage or 1000 m/s shot velocity? a snipers wet dream maybe, but not what id call balanced.

To the OP, this is the 4th or 5th version of this thread you have posted on the forums, the only thing you are going to draw attention to is yourself for spamming.
  15. ComradeHavoc

So the NC Is getting a slightly better long shott?! Ewwwww I can already headshot sprinting infanty at 300 meters boooooooo
  16. IamDH

Respectfully disagree. I dont think you should underestimate the ability of making a sniper a shotgun with AV capability.
    • Up x 1
  17. Akeita

Shotgun removed - Higby Tweet
  18. IamDH

Does that also mean the AV capability has gone?

(serious question, not being sarcastic or anything)
    • Up x 2
  19. Akeita

Mean less damage to Vehicles...
  20. ComradeHavoc

The one time the NC shotgun stereotype would be amazing D:<