PTS Updated.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Sites, Aug 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sites Executive Producer, Planetside 2

New Stuff
    ·Region HIVE Efficiency scoring has been updated and a new map filter provided
    ·The ANT mineral radar is now passive (no longer occupies the utility slot) and the first rank is auto granted.
    oAnyone who purchased the mineral radar utility will have their certs refunded (and will need to repurchase any ranks in the passive skill line)
    ·Glaive IPC (the ion cannon) added to the construction depot
    ·Rocklet Rifle has been removed for the time being. We ran into a number of bugs with the way it’s been implemented, so we need to re-evaluate the direction and try again.
    ·Updated Koltyr lockout string to "You are too experienced to fight on Koltyr" to improve messaging for characters that are under BR 15 but are on veteran accounts that no longer qualify for Koltyr.
    ·Underbarrel Smoke Grenade now has unique fire audio.
    ·Reduced mass of Ammo packs

Bug Fixes
    ·Dual photon pod projectiles are now more visible on low settings
    ·Tank primary cannons will animate properly again when firing
    ·Basic Training directive kills should no longer update in VR
    • Up x 1
  2. dman66613

can I get a short AI and AA turret pleeess to match my AV or just make it so u can sink the all off them way deeper
  3. LodeTria

Placing a Ion turret crashes that entire region, and anyone who it renders to also crash out.
    • Up x 1
  4. WeakenedPlayer

I cannot place Glavie IPC too.
    Everytime I try to place a Glavie IPC, client causes freeze and crash.

Also I found strange loadout screen malfunction.
    >> here is what I've seen:
    • Up x 1
  5. Scr1nRusher

Good bug finds.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Short AA & AI turrets would be a nice future addition since the main reason why people don't attack player made bases for the most part is because they only have Towered Towers as options generally speaking.
  7. Scr1nRusher

[Crashing Intensifies]
  8. Scr1nRusher

Good stuff, just fix any bugs & crashing that might happen :)

The Rocklet Rifle seemed pretty good before you removed it, hope you fit any of those bugs going on with it. It would be a much needed and unique feature to have on the LA class.
  9. TheSunlikeOne

This can cause the frustration. Especially because you can't permanently untrack Basic training and social directives.
  10. OldMaster80

Let's keep our fingers crossed the Rocklet does not become the new Max Flamethrower.
  11. Scr1nRusher

That is a separate bug.
  12. TheSunlikeOne

Yeah, but fixing one bug without fixing the other one will be bad combo.
  13. Scr1nRusher

Did you put it on the Issue Tracker?
  14. TheSunlikeOne

I didn't, because I barely know what it is. How do I do that? Do I need a separate account there?
  15. Scr1nRusher

• Up x 1
  16. WeakenedPlayer

After placing a Glavie IPC (and crash), deploy to the same continent causes freeze and crash.
    (I deleted the video attatched to previous post. New video with additional bug is down below)
    • Up x 1
  17. Scr1nRusher

Good job finding these bugs.

The IPC crash issue is definitely the major one.
  18. Kaomie

Hello,

I tried the Glaive just now and it was working fine for me so I guess it has been fixed? (I was on Indar near the South-West gate if that matters).

Not sure if this is a known issue, but the rendering of the Glaive cannon itself is a bit wanky: the model oscillates and does not rest up properly. Sometimes it does not align at all with the direction of the shots so it looks very silly like the cannon can be aiming straight at the horizon but the shots exit the barrel going up if the dart is relatively close. This does not seem to have any impact of the actual function so no big deal.

I love the sound effects of both the shots firing and their impacts. You can hear them from quite far too, definitely like a huge mortar in the distance.

The only problem right now is the ion explosion effect on impact kills my FPS entirely. So right now the main function of the Glaive would be to completely disable a remote location by denial of service of the enemies game client :)

Thanks,

Kao
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.