PTS Update 6/24 Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Mikte, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Mikte

Quick feedback of the current patch as of 7/5/16

WTL - Howler Mining Laser- After playing with this for roughly a hour a few tweaks I would make came to mind. Since this version is tailored for smaller deposits (2k Nodes), I would reduce the rate it over heats when extracting from these smaller nodes because after mining a node, I would have to wait for the cool down to mine another that might be adjacent to it. The wait from the cool down can be crippling and almost isn't worth using this laser.

*Regarding larger nodes it feels fair, it is fast to extract so the heat-up rate and cool down feel good.

Infantry Tower- I noticed there was a opening in the roof of the tower at the top of the floor, my first thought it was meant for shooting out, but it seemed to small of a opening to be effective and after engaging some air vehicles I was right. So adding more openings I think would fix this problem.

*Would also be nice if we could somehow access the roof of the tower, perhaps invent a ladder or if anything a lift to access the roof and a means to get down.
    **Also noticed there was floodlights on the tower, above the windows on the outside. Would be nice if they actually worked and lit up the area though I realize dynamic lighting can be intensive.

Bases and locked continents- Currently when a continent locks, all construction items instantly despawn, which is a bummer when fighting at one. To fix this, greatly increase the structures degradation rate, this will cause the repair modules to work harder thus taking more fuel from the silo which quickly drains it. This way, a base will still despawn soon after a continent locks but at the same time, doesn't leave the defenders to be left out in the open to be farmed.

Rocklet Rifle- Regarding some of the ammo types

-Flak- I fly a bit my self and I always find myself cursing at flak and how much damage it can do. I'm worried about the damage profile of the Rocklet Rifle, I alone was able to do substantial damage to a Liberator without resupplying, and since this is a easy accessible ammo type that's a lot of guns on top of the other AA means, I would reduce its damage or maybe reduce its accuracy so it isn't long range effective.

-Empire Specific Ammo- I've noticed visually all three of the types tend to disappear, so the actual range of the ammo is difficult to see. This might be a "me" thing as I'm on low graphics, but worth noting as it seems the rounds die off after about 30 meters.

P.S.- As far as the Test server goes, just like the system with unlocking the Auraxium weapons through the in-game shop, do the same for the VP Generator since its a pain to test when its locked behind a BR 15 wall.
  2. dman66613

ANT feed back the new laser is well not good:( the heat thing just slows u up in the long run. but if u want to give ant drivers like me sum thing that thay will rily want give ants a bite attack for killing walls and tanks and base stuff and for the new ants that got no gun and no way to fight back. u can just put it on the right click button :) and on a side note u need to put more cort on the maps and put them in spots that jerks cant build on and stop them from respawning like in the real bases no build zones and at the Worp gates im getting sick of pepl dropping a silo on the cort nodes and stoping them from respowning back just so thay can farm it and messing with the real builders that need it:( and 1 last thing can u pless make it so I don't got to hold my finger on the button all dam day to farm and drop off cortem just make it a 1 click to toggle on and of my hands will love u for it :)