[PTS Code] New ESAV Tank Secondaries

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by eldarfalcongravtank, May 10, 2015.

1. eldarfalcongravtank

binarycoder recently made a thread on reddit which, among other things, presents models for (potentially) NEW empire-specific anti-vehicle (ESAV) tank secondaries. yes, these are likely gonna be NEW ones, not new models for the old existing weapons!

TR AV secondary
    [IMG]

NC AV secondary (Railgun)
    [IMG]

VS AV secondary
    [IMG]

no info regarding their functionality yet. by the looks of it, the TR AV could be the much awaited longrange secondary for Prowlers. the NC Railgun looks kinda 'longrange' as well but why would they need another one when they have the Enforcer? no idea for the VS AV though.

note that these models are not final in any way and are not "ingame" yet. they were just extracted from the most recent PTS patch. so there's a slim chance these rather won't make it into the game. thanks to binarycoder for all his hard work
    • Up x 6
  2. Ballto21

NC and VS are getting vulcan equivalents for cqc. theres a quote somewhere in roadmap on these forums, ill try to find it
    • Up x 2
  3. Ballto21

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...rasser-empire-specific-weapon-changes.223578/

also on wishlist https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/new-es-mbt-harasser-weapons.223604/
  4. Pikachu

TR gun looks like a double fracture. VS gun looks like a double version of their new MAX weapon models and NC gun is using a model that has been in the files for a long time. Btw since when did railgun become a close range weapon?
  5. Ballto21

im assuming its a high alpha weapon with one shot and fast damage dropoff
  6. Morti

I like the direction the art/design is going.

However, I do feel the railgun could be bigger. NC is the huge and bulky faction after all.
  7. Psykmoe

[IMG]

Harasser soft top:
    [IMG]

I hope these are in-house creations with functional lights. I really hate how all the player studio cosmetics for Sunderer/Harassers don't have working light effects on the headlights.
  8. Lucidius134

please lord god

RAILGUN AS CLOSE RANGE AV OPTION

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?

Nah for real though they may end up switching the enforcer and this new railgun around so the enforcer is close range and the railgun is long range.

No idea about the Saron since it can be long range and close range..???
    • Up x 1
  9. Pikachu

The link also has a pic of the NS MAX HMG. Maybe that thing is coming soon too.
    [IMG]

Crab icon, fits vanu.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

New camos.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  10. TheMercator

Am I the only one, that is absolutley annoyed, about how many Outfit-Icons are accepted as decals?
    Don't know how the railgun could be a close range weapon, but probably the Enforcer could get the horrible spread it had on the PTS a while back, making it a close ranged weapon and the new one becoming a longe range weapon.
    • Up x 1
  11. Lucidius134

Could (probably is) be that it isn't exceptionally long ranged in the first place.

The vulcan's niche is like 0-50m So long as it over performs within 0-50 it can count as a close range while not messing with the 'long range' AV options.
  12. lothbrook

Railguns can be made to fire as fast or as slow as you'd like, the only limitations are the amount of power you can supply to the weapon and heat, the size of the projectile determines how much power you have to use to get it to reach the desired velocity. Basically the enforcer fires larger darts and has wait a second between firing rounds while something like a vulcan round could be fired repeatedly before running dry on energy. Realistically enforcer darts would be constantly reloaded instead of magazines which maybe why they're moving in that direction.
  13. BarxBaron

Now all they need to do is make NS Max Shotguns and NS Max Raven-copies.....or I'd be ok with NS Max Vortex copy.
    Just as long as its actual long range AV and not the useless fracture.

Balance.
  14. FieldMarshall

I dont get why they dont just make all weapons available to everyone.
    Instead of beating around the bush and pretending that each faction is unique
  15. Pikachu

I can't find the HMG in the PTS files. :( But the NS AM rifle is there.
  16. omfgweeee

Let just delete all faction stuff and make everything NS. I hope then all peoples will be happy.
  17. FocusLight

New TR weapon absolutely look like a Tank-mounted double Fracture. Not a bad idea by itself, but to be truly long-range it needs good velocity, a very tight COF and minimal if ANY drop. Not to mention the damage and magazine cap have to be tweaked to make it balanced with it's typically-TR 'spammy' nature in mind.

If they fail to do this it will either be OP and nerfed to UP inside of a month, or it will be UP, and TR will end up with still using the Halberd for most situations where you don't KNOW you will run into CQB level tank-fights or infantry.

VS weapon looks like it might be a dual charge-and-fire kind of laser cannon like Lancers, making for long-range, thus relegating the Saron to a rapid-fire cannon with more COF for 'CQB' ranges - ofc if this happens the Saron is likely going to become a CQB and mid-range weapon in keeping with VS versatility and user-friendliness.

As or the NC weapon, obvious long-range railgun is obvious. Assuming it goes live like that, that is. Going to have to make the Enforcer less accurate and more spammy to compensate.

Going to have to wait and see, but it IS good to see something coming down the pipe, it proves the game has not been completely written off, and that we might start to see some growth some day.
  18. Regpuppy

Aside from the tanks and a handful of weapons, that aren't on said tanks, it really would not make as big a difference as you'd think, sadly.
  19. omfgweeee

I like my ES stuff. I play NC and i like 200 tier weps, our recoil paterns, railjack, cyclone etc. I dont want TR or VSand i dont call them OP. Every faction has its own things just play by your faction strenght and abuse enemy faction weakneses.

Is it that hard to understand that? How peoples understand that in Starcraft but they cant in PS2? I know how.

In Starcraft all units are controled by 1 player while in PS2 every unit is controled by separate player. When 1 player control all units and this player is good all units work together covering each other weaknesses and working around 1 strategy.

When all units are controlled by differend players they never can achieve even 50% of the "teamwork" in starcraft case.

And because everyone works on his own strategy a team based game balanced aaround teamplay not solo seems unbalanced for solo players.

Peoples talk how OP MAX units are. Do you knos it takes 1 second to kill 1 MAX if 2 HA shoot a decimator in same time and hit the MAX.

Server smashes are the only viable mesurment for balance atm because is the only place where everyone tries to play arround 1 strategy.

SS proved there is not dominant faction - its all about leader decisions and how well executed they are.

Sadly my eng is not good enought to express my thoughts well, i hope you understand
    • Up x 1
  20. Lucidius134

It was too wordy/ranty but yes it was understood.